Returning player (BfA) guidance needed

I came back a couple of days ago and leveled up my Main Character to the Level cap (120).
I finished all of the leveling zones (to get the reputations) and started my War Campaign to unlock World Quests on those islands.
I visited Nazjatar and unlocked World Quests there.
Now my question; where to go from there on ?
I’d like to eventually unlock flying (so I’ll just do my Emissaries every day), but a friend told me Mechagon doesn’t have any Emissaries so how do I get my reputation up there).
With 8.3 new content has been released too (in Uldum and Vale) but where do I start with them ?
All my maps are full of Quests (some daily, some non daily) and there doesn’t seem to be a way to determine what is required for which content (and what path to follow).
With someone who has limited time on his hands on a daily base, I’d love to see some of the content available, yet it seems there’s so much going on (Invasions, Warfronts, …) it’s quite difficult to know how it all ties together.
Any guidance which could be given for this ? Since most Guides don’t focus on an overarching strategy to tackle the entire Expansion’s content.

Welcome back to Azeroth Dènique,

Working through your War Campaign is the main route through the expansion. It will breadcrumb you through each of the zones and the story line. My normal routine with a character is to make sure the War Campaign is always moving forwards as soon as I can do it. There is a lot of it to get through!

There is a lot of catch up mechanisms in place right now to help you gear up so doing the story line might be all that’s needed in some of the places. For Mechagon, once you have opened it up, you can return to do daily and weekly quests to get rep.

Contracts can also help, they are a 7 day buff item which gives you 10 faction specific rep when you complete any Battle for Azeroth World Quest. They are created through Inscription or can be purchased from players.

For flying, focus on getting Nazjatar and Mechagon WQ/dailes completed as often as possible, the other reputations come along naturally through leveling and emissaries.

As you said, there are a lot of guides out there that focus on single topics/content but you can usually take the overview from each of them to help with your decisions.

Hopefully I’ve not made the situation worse for you. Perhaps others on there can fill in the gaps that I undoubtedly left. :smiley:

Based on my experience of coming back late during BfA, it’s Tortollan Seekers rep that can get left behind the others. It was the last one I needed for my flying, so that might be something to bear in mind. For Nazjatar, I picked an ally to quest with each day, and did the 3 ally quests, plus any WQs I liked the look of. For Mechagon, I did the main quest that awards the biggest chunk of rep and (again) any of the dailies that I found fun to do.

As for 8.3 content, pick up the introductory quest that takes you to Stormwind to meet with Anduin and follow the quest chain. It takes a couple of hours or so, and introduces you to all the 8.3 content. After that, and once you’ve got your legendary cloak, you can decide how much you want to do each week. Doing the 8.3 content will enable you to improve your cloak by gaining ranks and corruption resistance, which will enable you to equip items with higher levels of corruption without suffering so many negative effects.

It’s not you; it’s the systems. I’ve tried to explain to a few of new players now, and only when you try to explain do you realise how complicated everything is. I admit that some of the systems of 8.3 are actually confusing me now, and I do try to keep up.

You don’t need Invasions or Warfronts. Invasions will give a little Honorbound/7th Legion rep. Heroic Warfronts, when they’re up, might give useful items while gearing up, but not something to rely on.

OK, so your three main paths are

1. Open World Quests (done) and go on to Flying.

2. Get gear

3. Get the right Azerite Traits (8.0/8.1), Essences (8.2), and Corruptions (8.3) for player power.

You haven’t posted on or linked your main, so I can’t advise you specifically.

1. https://www.wowhead.com/flying will lay out what you are missing for flying.

2. Gearing up is most reliably done in M+. You will get some from your PvP, but it’s a very emaciated system this expac, so don’t rely on it. At lower ilevels, WQ offer different gear rewards according to your ilevel, so make a point of picking up anything of higher ilevel, even when it is no good for you, until you hit the WQ emissary cap of 445. That about equivalent to M+5 or Normal raid.

Nazjatar and Mechagon (8.2) are not relevant for gear anymore. You’re grinding your way through them just for rep and to unlock Essences you may want. Their factions sell Essences at Revered.

1. OK, so you have opened Nazjatar (8.2) so you have opened Essences. Very soon after opening Nazjatar, you get a breadcrumb for Mechagon

Upon unlocking your faction’s new allies you’re able to pick up the Mechagon breadcrumb quests Fame Waits for Gnome One / Rumors of Mechagon in Mezzamere / Newhome — or you can accept the first step The Legend of Mechagon / The Legend of Mechagon straight in Boralus Harbor / Dazar’Alor from the quest giver next to the flight master: Tinkmaster Overspark / Gazlowe.

You then need to do the opening quest chain to unlock Mechagon. After that, there is one World Quest per day in Mechagon for rep, and a number of dailies you will see when you get there. It varies day to day. Either kill rares, or pick up boxes, or both. And then the dailies. You can also buy a Contract: Rustbolt Resistance that will give 25 rep with them for every WQ you do anywhere in BfA. It helps a bit. There are also Pet Bettle quests daily there for a small addition.

Reputation points come mainly from Mechangon daily quests, but you also gain some points by killing rare mobs around the isle. As described in the quest section, Mechagon does not offer Emissary quest for Rustbolt Resistance. Instead, there are special world quests on rotation, available one quest each day. They reward 850 reputation on daily basis so they are even better than emissaries for raising reputation. Getting Contract: Rustbolt Resistance helps greatly on this task, you can either find it in the Auction House or craft it for yourself.

Mechagon rep will probably be the last thing you need for flying.

Once you have opened Nazjatar, you are eligible to start 8.3 content.

You get a quest to see the King/Warchief, and find that Wrathion is back, warning of N’Zoth’s freedom.

That quest line is pretty linear.

Essences and Corruptions. Complicated systems, and Blizzard have been fiddling with the power of Corruptions all the way into 8.3 so far. The site you want to find out what you want to get is Bloodmallet.com - Icy-Veins and Wowhead guides will usually point you to there.

This is all a bit scattered, but I haven’t got a clear picture of where you’re at, and it is complicated.

Ask again if you need more!

1 Like

Thank you all for the quick responce !
I’ll look into working on my 8.3 unlocking for the Cloak and do my Daily Emmisarry.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.