Returning player. gearing question pvp!

Hello Guys/girls

I’m back after 5 months break; nub question, cuz i dont seem to grasp what to do.

I see i can farm season 3 pvp gear- but when i checked murlok io almost no one used it and they had tier sets.

how do i get tier sets and why there is a season 3 vendor if people only use trinkets rings weapons :slight_smile: ?

Much apreciate any reply and hope ur doing well!

TLDR: You can convert pvp gear into tier sets and then upgrade them with cosmic flux in zerethis mortis

2 Likes

tks for reply and help

Here is a quick recap from my experience:
Get in the new zone. You can buy 226 (or something around it) full gear for anima. Higher ilevel drops from rares. Clear new zone out, do all story quests. Then you get the unity legendary belt of 265 or so ilevel. The higher ilevel and a slot to chose you can only get with revered of the new faction which will take a month if not more so forget about it for now.
After you cleared the new zone, you can also kill rares etc which gives you even better gear, up to 242. They often have versa on them so its good. You also need cosmic flux from it. You will farm it really quickly so it’s not a big deal. You can buy your main legendary which is probably the same as before. To upgrade it to max you need 2k flux and other stuff which you can farm in 2-3 torghast runs. The base items got cheaper (at least on my server) and cost around 20k for max ilevl which is a great ilevel boost right off the bat.
With this you have done the base PvE part. Now you can start doing PvP. Que BGs etc, but especially I would recommend to try solo shuffle since it gives a lot of honor. Fill the missing/nonversa items with honor pieces, upgrade them if desired.
Hopefully your gear should be around 245-250 at this point, which is bad but you are able to win arena games from now on, so you can farm conquest gear which is uncapped. If you are healer you can find some geared dps and let them carry you since healers are rare.
Now to set pieces. The head, chest, legs, gloves and shoulders can be upgraded to set pieces. There is a machine in new zone that does that. It costs somewhere around 1.5k cosmic flux per upgrade to set piece, and you want to upgrade 4 of them. Beware, that all set items have preset stats. Which means if the preset stat on set piece is mastery/haste, it doesnt matter if the conquest piece you buy has crit/versa or haste versa, the moment you upgrade it to set piece it will change to mastery/haste. So better check other people which 4 of 5 set pieces you want.
There is also a quest in warmode for new trinket but it’s pve and requires you killing some plants, just in warmode, do it too.
The first conquest items you want to get are weapons and the 4 pieces you will upgrade to set afterwards.
From here you can finish the conquest gear, upgrade it depending on your rating and get upgraded unity legendary when you are revered which will happen in a month or more unless blizz buffs the rep gains.

TLDR:
1: Go to new zone
1.5: Buy starter gear for anima in new zone
2: Finish the quests there
3: Kill rares
4: Craft legendary
5: Do bgs and the new 3v3 skirmish soloq for honor
6: You can now start playing arena
It sounds like a lot but will take you less than a week to do it all.

Thank you verry much for the time u put into this answer!

Have a nice day!

TLDR:

• Farm conquest gear and use CC in ZM too make it tier items.
  • Don’t ever use Murlock since half that website is outdated.
  • Farm your BiS weapons/trinkets if that is what you are looking for (some are even from PvE).
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.