Returning player setup as a Outlaw Rogue level 50

Hi,
I’m a returning player setup as a Outlaw Rogue level 50. Haven’t played for over a year and thought I’d have another play.
My problem is that my main weapon icon has vanished and replaced by something else that is not active. I’ve tried looking in the Specialization and Spellbook but can’t find the icon.
At the moment I die instantly so next to useless unless I can get my main weapon icon back.
I contacted Blizzard and they advised I ask on this forum.
What is the primary weapon icon for Outlaw Rogues as I can’t even remember the name and where can I find it?. I use dual handed combat for battles.
Please can you help.
Thanks.

Hi and welcome back!

Accoring to your armoury here:

you have a Mace in your main hand, and a Dagger in your off-hand. Sometimes the armoury is not up to date, so you want to confirm that in game.

Outlaw Rogues use One-Hand Axes, Maces, Swords, and Fist Weapons, but not Daggers, so that Dagger isn’t doing much for you; you might want to replace it with one of the weapons an Ourlaw uses.

But from reading your post, I’m not sure that’s what you’re asking about. I think you might be talking about the Auto-Attack button. I could be wrong about that. If you are looking for the Auto-Attack button, you will find it in your Spellbook at the top of the General tab.

However, you should never need to use your Auto-Attack button. As an Outlaw Rgue, you will start your attacks with Ambush if you’re in stealth, and with something like Sinister Strike or Pistol Shot otherwise. Your character will continue Auto-Attacking once you have started.

Here is a quick set of instructions for an Outlaw Rogue:

If I’ve got any of this wrong, or you want to clarify something, PLEASE ask again!

Apart from the Dagger which you can’t use, the rest of your gear is also very weak for a current level 50. You “should” have items level about 80-100, whereas your actual item level is about 50. That is not giving you much of a chance. I’m guessing you just got to level 120 in BfA, but never pursued more gear thereafter?

If you have gold, you can buy some suitable gear at the Auction House.

Did you buy Shadowlands? Do you intend to level to 60?

Let me know about the button thing, and whether you are going to Shadowlands, and we can discuss what you should do about your gear.

Is it fully repaired?

It might be a good idea to provide a screenshot of what is happening via imgur, the description is a bit vague. Link it using the preformatted text </> icon.

Also, where are you trying to kill things?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.