Returning player?

Hello guys, so im looking to jump back into this game. mainly cause i want something to play. and as classic came back. the whole idea of wow just made me curious. so i dropped out when legion came. as i didnt like the leveling from 100-110, and some quest where i needed to forge a weapon or something like that. anyway. now i was wondering what is new. what do i need to know.

What is artifacts and heritage?
Im not a big fan of pvp. is the pve good?
What is mythic? so much i dont know.
Is it worth coming back? i dont know of anyone else playing. so is it worth coming back solo?

Artifacts are quality of items in gold color. In Legion there is a specific artifact weapon with 5 different model variants to unlock each one has 4 colors to unlock. The only exception are feral and guardian druids, they have 1 weapon model and 5 different new animal form models instead with 4 colors each. There was one additional model variant but it’s no longer available. They also had trait trees to spend point in but they no longer work and you would slot relics to increase their power.

When you start Legion expansion you choose one artifact weapon to obtain then at level 102 you can obtain weapons for other specs. They were pretty much only weapons you used during Legion. They are very powerful weapons, for example paladins did get Ashbringer.

In BfA there is one artifact item, Heart of Azeroth. It gains levels and they unlock traits on armor items for Head, Shoulders and Chests you can choose. You can also unlock the essence system for Heart of Azeroth. This gives you small tree where you socket essences you unlocked. You can socket up to 3 essessence and the first one will give you active ability, 2 others give passives. You unlock essences via different things, reputations, pvp, pve. Each one has 4 levels of power: uncommon, rare, epic and legendary. Rare and Epic increase the power of an essence while Legendary one gives it much more spectacular visual for the spell you get.

Heritage armors are cosmetic(can be transmogged on any type of armor) race specific armors. So far not every race has one. Races are divided by categories: Core Races(every race added before BfA) and Allied Races(unlockable races started with BfA preorder). With Allied Races they start at level 20 and each one needs to be unlocked by getting exalted reputation with specific faction and doing their questline. After that you can recruit that race to join your faction by doing short questline. When you unlock and create one you need to level up all the way to 110 without boosts to get their heritage armor, every Allied race has one.

With Core races currently only Dwarves, Blood Elves, Gnomes and Tauren have heritage sets. Worgen and Goblins seems to be next in line. To unlock those sets you need to have a character of that race at level 120, you can use boosts, and have exalted reputation with their city faction: Gnomeregan for Gnomes, Silvermoon City for Blood Elves etc. Then you start a special questline that will reward you with heritage armor for that race.

Recruiting Allied Races and unlocking Core Race heritage armors starts from embassy located in Stormwind or Orgrimmar.

Here you can check those out:

I don’t think pve was bad at any point in the game. Still it all depends what do you mean by good.

It is just another difficulty level for raids and dungeons. It’s above heroic. Mythic raids are locked are fixed 20 man raids while other raid difficulty scale from 10 to 30. You also have mythic+ it’s a difficulty above mythic, it’s timed and comes with a number after the + indicating it’s difficulty. The bigger the number the higher the difficulty. To active mythic+ you need to have a key and mythic dungeon. You put the key into the pedestal on the start and it will start. You get a key by completing mythic dungeon and it will be for specific random dungeon with difficulty number based on your ilvl.

Completing mythic+ in time gives you rewards at the end and the key levels up allowing you to do the dungeon on even higher difficulty. There is of course higher ilvl reward on higher difficulty. If you fail your key will lose a level and you can do an easier dungeon. At Wednesday(after reset) next week you can pick up a reward from a special chest located in your faction hub. It’s item level depends on your highest mythic+ dungeon you completed in previous week. For both mythic(also called mythic0) and mythic+(also called mythic with a number greater than 0) can’t be queued by dungeon finder. You need to assemble a group yourself or via group finder tool and then get to the dungeon yourself or use summonig stone.

It depends on what you want to do. Pugging might be hard for returning player becasue many of them want overgeared, overpowered people with high raider.io score and that score is determined by your previous dungeon and raid runs in this expansion. They also most likely want you to have achievement for killing the last boss in raid.

4 Likes

Hey Thatruge!

You got a very expanded answer there from Cedrad, I’m sure that helps you with your questions! Have fun discovering all of your options in the Broken Isles and I hope you’re happy with your Dreadblades :).

I see you play Horde side and that’s awesome story from my perspective. Legion was cool when you started collecting those Titan stuff, later on story just added cool stuff too like another planet - Argus which is accesable through Broken Isles and later preparation for new expansion gave opportunity to unlock two new races for each faction after the release of new expansion. Right now BfA (newest expansion) gives more PvE content that feels like PvP - war theme everywhere.
If you want to go through Legion content together I have DK on 100 I can level with you (it’s tank so dungeon queues will be less time consuming if you’re up to).
It’s allways worth coming back to WoW even for solo (I mostly play solo) when you took a brake from at least one expansion - there will so many new things in the game that you’ll have a problem how to check them all and finish all you want with limited time you have.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.