Returning tank looking to get back into a heroic raiding guild

Hello,

I am someone who’s been away from the game for quite some time. I did a lot of raiding from mid WotLK to late MoP, but I took a break from the game following that period and have only had the chance to briefly visit the following expansions.

Now that we are in Shadowlands, though, I now find myself with a lot more free time - and as such, I’m looking to get back into joining a raid team.

A little more about myself:

In the past I have usually played DPS (normally a caster like mage, hunter, warlock) for raiding, but for this expansion I have opted for tanking in the form of Blood DK. Whilst this is a relatively new role for me, I’ve had (limited) experience raid tanking in the past - and I’ve been learning quickly through M+ and various other resources.

Outside of WoW I’m just a regular mid 20s guy from the UK who loves gaming, hip-hop, fitness, and travelling.

Expectations:

There are a few things I’m looking for in a guild. I’m not really interested in a massive guild with hundreds of different people - I’d prefer a smaller raid team and a tight-knit community. I’m only really interested in Heroic raiding either, so any Mythic raids are not for me unfortunately.

It would also be nice to have an environment where things are a little more laid back and small mistakes aren’t berated - but in the same vein, I understand that 9 to 29 other players’ time and energy are put into a raid & this should be respected by always being prepared and putting in effort.

I’m only really be looking to raid two nights a week, so guilds with 3 or more nights a week schedules are not for me unfortunately.

Most importantly, I’d just like to play with people I enjoy playing with - be it raiding, M+, stuff outside of WoW, etc. I’m looking for some nice folks to get along with :slight_smile:

What can I offer in return:

I can imagine some of you are thinking “This guy hasn’t stepped foot in a raid outside of LFR for 7+ years, and just expects to waltz back into a heroic raiding guild like that? Who does he think he is?” - and to be honest, you’re not wrong. But as they say - if you don’t ask, you don’t get!

First and foremost - I can promise an active involvement from me in your guild. I’m always looking to make new friends in any case, but it’ll be great to have a solid group of people that I can have fun and banter around with.

Lots of research will definitely be undertaken by me to ensure I know everything I need to know about the raid encounters. I wouldn’t want to make huge mistakes to everyone’s detriment, especially as the new guy!

I’m more than happy to be vocal on voice chat platforms. I’ve even had some Officer/Raid Leader experience in the past, but I doubt that will be important anytime soon.

All in all, I want to be a valuable asset to the team I join and have a great time with what I can hopefully call my friends in the future.

Note: I’m currently on Sylvanas Alliance, but a faction/server transfer is absolutely on the cards for me.

Conclusion:

If you’re interested in what you’ve read, please feel free to respond to this thread or get in contact any way you can. I’m more than happy to have a conversation/interview through voice chat platforms, filling out applications, or whatever you deem best for your guild’s process.

Alternatively please reach out here:

Battle net: cenyx#2970
Discord: tillxy#2465

Cheers for reading!