Revantusk allied race?

What do you guys think about the chances of there being a Revantusk allied race?

Personally I think it makes a ton of sense, they have been with the horde long enough. It would also be a good excuse to chuck in Windhammer dwarves, we could see some hinterlands carnage in as a PvP zone or something along those lines.

1 Like

I’d rather have allied races that are actually significant in some way instead of just being recolours of existing models.

7 Likes

I agree, you can make a regular troll or a zandalari one and just claim it being a forest troll, if anything just make customization not a whole different allied race. I start to tire of all these allied races, work on those we have instead.

1 Like

Make it a Regular Troll skin option. Allied races should be interesting re-models like The Vulpera, Dark Iron, Mecha Gnomes or The Zandalari, we all saw how the last recoulours went.

5 Likes

As much as I’d adore a Reventusk allied race (with a battle for the hinterlands scenario where the Alliance get Wildhammer Dwarves).

A) I think it is too soon for either and B) Neither should be recolours really.

I’d like if we get the model Kazra’jin uses in Council of elder (and others re-using the model later) for Revantusk, and making another for the female.

Although in general i don’t like the Allied race idea… Rather have them all as some customization option or something…

But well, i like forest trolls. They will be cool.

Also there is a Discord server about Revantusk allied race. Feel free to join. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d prefer it as, like the Mag’har, a new troll Allied Race would have multiple skin options to represent the other tribes uniting under the Horde. With the Forest and Ice varieties, they could have that buffer appearance. Ultimately, just being recolours to add to the normal races would be lazy, as would the suggestions for every other just making Allied races new skins for existing races, but making them their own Allied race with a recruitment story and other things to make them different would be very ideal.

if there is to be an allied race like this, make it like the mag’har if anything, yes.

give each one a unifying reason to be in the horde. doesn’t have to be a story thing. could just be Talanji making a call to arms thingy and trying to convince ambassadors and chiefs of the other troll tribes to realise how the horde could benefit them like the zandalari has or something of the like.

i wouldn’t mind either way. im not opposed nor hateful of the idea. as i’ve seen some really cool non-darkspear/zandalari tribe rp’ers out there.

I don’t think the revantusk would be as simple as a re-colour though, sure they looked the same in vanilla but they are really supposed to look more like an orc or a dire troll, very different when compared to the dark spear or the Zandalari. They also have a very interesting story when it comes to how they joined the Horde, I think they deserve a bit more fleshing out.

Edit: I also think it would be great to pair them along with the Wilderhammers, lord knows they are coming at some point. The starting zones could even play off each other, would be great

1 Like

I do fear, that they would be too near, our old friends the Darkspear.

Revantusk are on my Wish List, but I don’t think getting them should be a focus. They’d be very appropriate for filling in later, if we have a period of time where the Allied Races aren’t central to the story.

Them and Ogres. And Taunka. And Hozen.

Hozen first.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.