Rework warlock and bring back metamorphosis

Tyrant is literally a scuffed version of old Doomguard lets be real here. You obviously barely played meta demo if you think current demonology design is “superior”

1 Like

i think that almost every warlock spec pre sl was braindead with almost zero learning curve. I also think that mop classes were homogenized and it’s funny when one of the “good designs” that people like to mention is kil’jaeden’s cunning, spell that basically jeopardizes warlock’s signature lack of mobility.
Or that people really like for some reason fill the bar and start hitting harder gameplay, with almost no subtlety and nuance to it.
Also why tyrant is “scuffed version of doomguard”? There are like 2x more mechanics to tyrant than to doomguard.

you are summong just by casting spell, making summoning portal into little mechanic makes it into something that you are involved and working to achieve.

But it’s basically everything about current demo’s class fantasy?

I didn’t played wod raiding, played mop only on private servers and tbh it was very long time ago, but i remember every guide telling me that felguard is my number 1 demon for damage and all other ones are lesser versions. and the only reason why would i pick other demons is because warlock was very scuffed with utility spells and to switch into something that you need you must’ve switch to other demon.
Also the only summoner fantasy about old demo is that demo had 5 demons and all other specs had 4. that’s it, all other fantasy is wannabe demon hunters “look look my form looks just like dh ultimate ability from warcraft 3, so gweat!!11”.
I also don’t see how meta is “like druid form”, druid forms change your role and give you completely different abilities, meta just made upgraded version of your generic spells.

I’m all for return of “meta”, but not wannabe demon hunter model, they must make completely new caster demon model that also must have skins to choose, and without scuffing current demo gameplay, adjusting and improving it - of course!

He didn’t probably played it at all since hes talkin rubbish,in wod you could have go to meta in n out.
What a jocker.

There was a 10-15 second CD and 15 demonic fury cost., but it was not 2-3 min CD as a Wrath or Cata version of meta.

It felt good when u could squeeze 5th demon bolt that hit like a truck,i miss that.

I miss the design of the demons and the freedom to play with the demon you like. I miss the more tactical approach to the Meta design and its abilities. I miss the feeling of seeing other demonology warlocks in PvP that had different build and approach for the spec.

Couldn’t agree more, it was indeed peak design.
Even destro was a blast to play but back then i was strickly demo cuz of playstyle!

Destro was a true destructive caster that had utilized all spells and not CB alone as a main spell. Plus it had a very good design with Destro resouces - embers. You either used embers to cast powerful spells or to self heal/defend yourself - you could’t had all at once.

Yeah,and thr peak was incinerate castable while moving at 60% WITH FIRE AND BRIMSTON toggled on/off ,that was in mop uff…

In arena I had a macro for demonbolt. If I had a good set up and I was getting my 4th or 5th demonbolt cast off I would switch to macroed demonbolt; it would basically scream on /say “IF I CRIT, HE DIES” :smiley:

Wasn’t my idea and I remember a Warlock doing it on youtube but that Demo design was really good. You actually had proper “goes” and while gathering fury you played defensively. Like, the spec actually had a plan going into arena.

1 Like

Exactly,less rng and you had control over your class it was on point!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.