Right click not working properly

Hey,
so I started having a problem recently. When I right click and drag to move my camera, my mouse sometimes just snaps back to cursor mode for some reason. It is very very annoying and makes the game barely playable for content like raids or M+. I don’t know if it happens outside of WoW, I haven’t noticed it, but in WoW, it mainly happens in combat. I can go for a day without having it, and then it happens 5 times in 15 seconds for hours. I searched the forums and reddit and I’ve seen a few threads about this, but noone there basically knows what is causing it or how to fix it, none of the threads are resolved.
Any ideas?

3 Likes

Could be a hardware issue, I’ve had that often with several mice that got older.

i have the exact same problem.
Dunno why ppl still refering to this common issue as a “hardware issue”
Bought brand new Logitech G502 and Naga trinity within a month coz of this and the problem is still there… and it is indeed unplayble sometimes…

4 Likes

Yeah, some say it’s a hardware problem, but I’ve seen poeple say that they tried it on 3 mice and each of them did it, so it’s not a HW problem, and I don’t wanna throw out a big amount of money to just “try something out”, if my mouse is perfectly fine. Noone knows how to fix this or what causes it, people said it even persists through a clean WoW install… I don’t know what to do, it’s gamebreaking.

after like 5long hours of trying to find a solution (not the first time tho :stuck_out_tongue: )
Try to disable the ingame overlay to Gforce Experience (and discord and such programs if u have em enabled for some reason)
seems it worked for me, disabled the nvdia game overlay and lmk bud!

7 Likes

I disabled the overlay, I uninstalled some addons, it’s still happening :frowning: I’m desparate…

try disable the bnet app toasts.
Or check if the problem still occures when you bnet app is closed. (not minimized, exit the app)

2 Likes

Disable ‘Lock Cursor to Window’ in interface>mouse settings. I searched all over and wasted £100 on a new mouse before discovering this

7 Likes

I’ve had that option disabled forever and still get this problem.

Thanks for adding the solution you found working for you, Drakul!

Though in general we try to avoid resurrecting old threads like this, since information is often out-dated.

@Blindbrew, as noted earlier in the thread, most commonly issues like this would be caused by overlays or other third party programs, so be sure to start here first: Closing Background Applications.

If you’re still having issues and need more help, don’t hesitate to start a new thread so we can ensure problem descriptions and potential solutions are up to date.

As always, please make sure you include a detailed description of the issue, a screenshot or video if possible, as well as what steps you’ve tried so far and how they turned out.

Typically, it will also be useful to share your system files, either directly in the thread or via a support ticket.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Old thread closed to prevent accidental necroing.