R.I.P affliction

all our dreams and hopes for patch 9.1 have been destroyed thanks to the development team that is high on some spiked crackk they removed slow they nerfed malefic rapture without compensating dot dmg they only buffed agony without buffing UA dot dmg or corruption they didn’t fix shadow embrace which is useless in PvP they didnt fix any of our defensive issues there is only one company in this world that can come up with more ways to make something worse gg

12 Likes

they killed sacrolash, so RIP affliction pvp as well

3 Likes

no words really

goodbye, loved class

1 Like

they nerfed malefic rapture and the conduit and by itself we coudnt even do enough dmg to kill only until deep dampening and now imagine without even that malefic rapture dmg its not even worth to even cast to do 2k on every target

That’s blizzard, not just nerf the ability even nerf the borrowed power that makes it strong… it is always the same, they are unable to balance the game for the community.

They only fix there “problems” with the classes.

we only have 3.6% representation in arena above 2.2k cr can u imagine that a class with 3 dps spec has only 3.6% representation how is that even possible when 1 spec has 16%+ like warrior

3 Likes

Love the DoT damage focus but the change to Sacrolash is a killing blow.

1 Like

They buffed demon armor in 9.0.5 to help affliction in pvp and now they are completly destroying it :smiley:

2 Likes

Druid is the new and better warlock.

1 Like

if it stays like that I’m taking a break as I’ve only been playing my lock this expansion and cba rerolling.

I still play lock, can’t play anything else.

But instead of Affliction I will go for destruction or demo with more hp Tyrant gets even bigger.

1 Like

The change to Sacrolash are weird, if I understand it right it extends the duration of the utility curses like demon tongue and weakness and not your DoTs? Cause if so that’s extremely garbage. Reapplying a single curse that’s only allowed to be active on one target is such a minor deal that it’s baffling they made a legendary effect based on it.
10% damage boost to corruption is kinda nice tho

Consider the following before you get your torches and pitchforks and have a meltdown:
-Mages and Boomies got hit by a nerfbat, the two classes we have actively competed with in RBG and Arena spots due to them being able to bring tremendous utility AND damage. This might not be the case any longer.
-Affliction has shown in 9.0 that it scales extremely well with optimized gear and that tendency, if left alone in 9.1, would have probably outshone other DPS classes easily. This has happened before and I doubt Blizzard wants everyone to go through the same ordeal.
-The Sacrolash legendary effect was incredibly OP in RBGs but also our lifeline in Arenas. It’s a garbage change (I assume the intended playstyle would be us applying Curse of Exhaustion that our corruption would endlessly renew in arenas) because the reworked effect is even clunkier
-The PTR just started and we are bound to see Blizzard playing with numbers to create their intended playstyle for every spec

Not going to lie I was hoping a more in-depth rework because I absolutely, unironically loathe the current playstyle. It’s one of the most unfun iterations of the spec since TBC when it was a curse dispenser in raids. Some changes seem to have an inkling of moving away from apply dots > Malefic Rupture Spam as our primary way of dealing damage, but we aren’t there yet.

Arguably Afflocks will feel this nerf the worst at the start of the season, but once we get gear it’ll likely even out. Make a ruckus on the PTR forums instead where feedback at least has a chance of being read on the EU forums.

3 Likes

You are absolutely correct, we’re isolating the issue and imagining it in 9.0.5, which is incorrect.
But it’s still scary, and even compared to Destro and Demo in 9.1 I’d say Demo is looking nice and Destro, depending on the numbers, could be a 2 shot wonder spec.

The change to Shadowy Embrace sucks too. I enjoyed managing it across 2-3 targets. Now between my DoTs instead of target swapping I may as well just sit and channel on 1 person.

With that said Warlock is a whole seems ok. But aff only players aren’t in for a fun 9.1 launch.

1 Like

Ohhh yeah? ANd dev team isolating it from game.
Here is example with shadow emrace… (kalamazi figured it for few minutes of tests, and if dev team have at least some kind of testing, it wouldn’t be possible to reach live)…u’re snapshoting shards on off target and loosing it on main target. IS it good mechanic? that u basically can’t attack trash or adds, cause u will lose main target dps?
Theese high thoughts about scalling problems… we don’t have huge stat pull currently, so what? we should wait till the end of expac to start playing? Or this scalling problems made warlock p1 in keys or arena in 9.0?

Shadow Embrace is just bad, they should remove it.
Increase all dmg for 10%.

But they also increased our mandatory pvp talents, so instead of helping us they just made it worse.

1 Like

It’s a s**t show,

Nerfs to rapture thays already limited by shards and not a small nerf its a smack with a hammer so much for tuning cos that ain’t tuning…

Minor dot damage increase but only good if you equip a now mandatory rune power to get 25% corruption dmg

No fix for embrace as above get rid of it or make it a single application for the full amount, its pointless and frustrating.

A new pvp talent name only err what?

So damage profile not only worse but all less burst or spike for kill targets… and again worse for mythic plus…

GET RID OF GCDS THERE ARE TOO MANY!!

Damage ramp up is now being interfered with yet again another global to apply a slow in pvp.

So now
Agony
Corruption
Siphon
Curse
Ua
Haunt
Drain to get embrace
Renew it all
Cds (oops got dispelled)
Covenant spell
Phantom or taint
Pvp talent activation
Now I can rapture if I can if not dead or stunned or cc

12 potential globals before full damage is rolling

Oh crap swap

Start all over again.

Give us a way to swap dots, like SOUL SWAP.

4 Likes

We need to be vocal, it is the start of the Ptr. We can only hope for better. They need to change more stuff.

Blizzard have lost it

Thats the worst patch notes I’ve ever seen its a token gesture, it’s the shell of a patch with like 80% missing or at least it better be.

From a purely warlock look that is a total total mess…

I like the new talents, but they just added me talents to our already full talent row. We need more baseline spells.

I how the nerf to MR is done and they buff out dot dmg more while the ptr is going on