RIP Hpal / ret (PvP)

Rank 1s sitting on their rating, not touching the class in arena. Other top10 rank that try, tank 5-6-700 + rating.

Myself tanked 450 rating tonight, getting 1-5 in SS in the 1400 bracket. MMR tanked. Going from 2.2k in SS SL to 1900ish in DF only to get my class smashed mid season, getting owned by bad players with OP spec not touched or even buffed (warr, DH, rogue)

The only reason hpal was picked for awc was BoP to counter the rogues but now it’s just completely shattered and will be down in Z tier.

Rest in peace Hpal, hopefully we’ll see you again.

Honourable mention to the retribution players, blizzard making the rank1 ret pala for years to reroll. What a joke. And what a rant.

Don’t think I’ve posted on this forum for 10 years, but this tipped me over the edge.

-Ein

9 Likes

I feel you buddy played at 2360cr before we got buffed :joy:

Now I am 1950

Usually playing around 2,3 to 2.5 since s7 in wrath.

One trick pony hpal since 2009 and hpal has seen some weird days but it’s pretty awkward right now.

We have 0 gameflow. Crusader ain’t enaugh to outheal straight burst sometimes. Leaves you in a bad position in meele range with an auramastery at 3 min CD casting heals ain’t really an option.

DMG reduction CDs counter wings hard.
Cloak judgment = 0 heal = dead
Dh jump = judgment = 0 heal = dead

12sec wings costing 5 holypower getting cc, because of bad meele. Only getting one judge off. Left with 0 hpower bad position, team still dieing and no way to recover.

100 stacks half DMG wings procc, doesn’t help us out

5 Likes

These changes make no sense what so ever. Cant believe how it went through a backlog to testing into live.

1 Like

Yeah testing…sure.

1 Like

Thats easy Blizzard don’t have anyone in the balance department that acutally plays Paladin. They are all sitting and drowling over their Priests/Rogues/Druids/Evokers etc and has for years.

Its very obvious when it comes to PvE aspects of Paladin aswell that whomever is in charge of the class has little to no experience themself with Paladin. Only part of Paladins that doesnt completely suck right now is Ret in PvE and lets be honest thats mainly because they buffed them after spending the first couple of weeks in the season in the gutter.

2 Likes

Im not a ret myself but im playing with a ret and its like impossible. We tanked from 2.4 to 2.2 and would probably end up on 2k-2.1

My hope is 10.0.7

ret is beyond useless and legit the worst spec in pvp right now

2 Likes

Yepp, sure feels like this is the case. Very sad because Hpal / paladin is a popular class / specc so the incentive should be to keep it on point, not cripple it and making the talent tree a big confusing mess. I sure miss shock barrier aswell.

1 Like

Im glad they will rework retri but oh god does holy feel clunky and bad to play.

1 Like

I wondered why I am not doing sht in PVP healing and thought it was because I am getting too old for this game, but seems it’s not me.

Now what? I main this spec since 2009 and just can’t reroll. I haven’t seen holy in such a bad state since so many years playing.

1 Like

Hm alot of people in the Forum says that Avenger Crusade was nerfed into oblivion but when i check high rating paladins on pvp check they still use AC. Ok tryed it out for me it is garbage now it doesnt even heal the dmg intake.

Man Paladin is really the worst healer. No option to escape squishier than a clothes/leather healer and most of the games its just focus the heal pala.

1 Like

because it’s the only option. caster build in most situations is just bait and will result in you getting killed even easier or just running out of heals way faster and your teammate dying.

This games designed for casters and ranged everyone cried about a ret one shot but seeing as a resto shaman can do 160k+ bolts kinda makes you think its not a game for melee unless your a rogue or DH at the moment, Just had some games on my reti in solo first ones since last patch and dam class feels so crap right now don’t think i am going to play anymore until we get a rework but even then i don’t have much faith it will be good.

The most accurate description of the paladin’s holy state at the moment. Respect. Disrespect to Blizzard and their PvP devs.

3 Likes

add “on his pony with freedom and still far away and out of range” to that list

hardcasting as hpala realy sucks one stun and ya death even whit 30 % damage reduction or ya teamate dies becous ya dont have any other uptime heals like hots/decend shields .atm holypala is the only healerclass that doesnt even have hots

1 Like

Paladin is no longer fit for purpose unfortunately, it’s been left in the dust. I mean who thought it was a good idea to give DPS 10 extra kicks in Dragonflight and then ask Holy to hard cast Holy Light to heal anything, not that Holy Light actually heals anything anyway.

I swear these devs are programmed to return back to the RMP meta if we stray too far from it, they will nerf anything that is even slightly over performing, especially hybrids (Feral, Ret) until we return back to the Rogue, Mage CC you until you eventually run out of buttons to press and die meta.

Evokers? :stuck_out_tongue:

they’ve been going up and down, they were useless in pvp before too long ago.

Problem is easy, they buff pally everyone goes nuts due to the fact it gains 1 shotting. it gets nerfed and slapped to the other side, theres not much inbetween concerning the class in current design.

we arent seeing buffs due to rets rework taking place.

In PVE rets pretty decent, holy is still pretty bad though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.