Rogue changes

I was too quick to judge.

Seal fate removal is not a welcome one, but there are a few things that are very interesting that were brought to the table.

Outlaw especially has incredible potential to be fun.

But there are a few things:

1: I would bring back seal fate in the class tree, this is especially important for subtlety, honestly, rotation outside of shadow dance feels TERRIBLE.
2: Sinister strike proc chance is too low, 35% is getting into unreliable territories, bump this back up to 40 or even 45%
3: Deft maneuvers is something i personally suggested. but not as a talent, especially not one that is so far out of the tree and locked behind a purely situational talent. Both that are dancing steel need to be baseline
4: Count the odds proc rate is far too low. It also makes keep it rolling kinda bad. I get that the idea of the new tier is something to consider, but 10% is just not good.
I saw people suggest to bump up to 30% and remove the stealth part. I agree. Also, 10 seconds baseline, you may think i’m exaggerating a bit, but honestly count the odds is what makes roll the bones rng not so bad, along with loaded dice. It needs to be tuned high, and possibly moved up the tree.
5: Dreadblades changed into a passive that procs when you use rush, and what it does is make your next 5 sinister strikes generate a full bar of combo points.
6: Crackshot is a little weird, not quite sure i like it much, if i had to choose i would much rather put hidden opportunity there, because frankly speaking, the idea of a hidden opportunity/keep it rolling+fan the hammer build just sounds awesome.
7: allow the usage of other skills during killing spree. It’s much better than before, but the channel where you do nothing is anti synergistic for outlaw.

8: this is a change that i would suggest personally.
Grand melee is better with the addition of deft maneuvers, i still don’t enjoy it a lot though
Buried treasure changed to provide 1 extra combo point to use.

As for sub and sin rogue.

i tried sub, but still need to think about it. Seems pretty good, but i need more time to actually understand all the changes, overall seems pretty good.

I have not tried assassination at all, but i did notice something weird. Why is elaborate planning a choice node with slice and dice refresh? That’s just weird.

The changes are not too bad, but there is a massive gripe, and that is seal fate, frankly speaking, removing seal from the class tree was a terrible idea, and it undermines the potentially good changes you’ve made for rogue. Put it back to the class tree, frankly speaking, the idea of generating an extra combo point on a crit is not even something that is exclusive to assassination, that should frankly be a mechanic for crit, crit should generate more resources.

There is not a worse feeling in this game as a sin rogue than having to use SnD in my opener. Everytime I start combat, part of me dies. I hope they nuke that spell from orbit. Make it a passive on sin tree or something.

1 Like

Yea that’s just not good, slice needs to become a passive.

There is no justifiable reason for it to exist as it is.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.