Rogue DPS is too low, help

Hey guys.
I used to play Rogue alot in legion, and had big success with this.

Now i’m 120 in BFA, and my DPS seems hillariouse.

My ilvel is 337, and my DPS is around 6-8K (Sustained at around 7,3).
I see rogues at the top of the DPS meters, but I’m just in the bottom. I was with a death knight level 111 who did more DPS than i did…So my question is, what am I doing wrong? I’m following the noxxic guide down to the bottom. Can someone come with soem tips, look at my stats/talents anything, and tell me what in the world i’m doing wrong? I’m used to play warrior who’s top DPS, so its very frustrating to be at the bottom now.

I play as an assasianation rogue in PvE primarely M+.

Azerite traits. Check blood mallet. Just keep gearing really, your trinkets are shockingly low but your rotation might be worth looking at. in Aoe assa is a potatoe compared to outlaw but in ST assa is good.

Home work = get gear/check what azerite traits are BIS for you in aoe/ST
http://www.ravenholdt.net/assassination-guide/
https://bloodmallet.com/index.html#rogue_assassination
your talent set up is ok.

Push comes to shove just roll outlaw for M+

Hey man. I know my trinkets are the WORST, im really working on getting them changed ASAP.

I’m currently trying to get more Haste, is that correct for assasianation? And waht stats should I go for, if I change to outlaw?
I hate Sublety, so I wont go that role ever again.

What is a decent DPS for someone with 337? Becuase I’m alwyas bottom, it’s horrible. My rotation is basically everything Noxxic says, I always stealth before next pull etc, keeping up DOTS…

Mastery haste for M+ as assa
Crit haste for raiding as assa
outlaw stats is crit haste versa mast.

Look at the link for ravenholt I sent, that will help you with rotation which should somewhat maximise the dps for your ILvl. Don’t get too bothered at your gear score about dps though honestly.

Is Outlaw better DPS wise then?

Some classes scale better as gear goes by.

I struggled keeping up with demon hunters on single target but now even with 5 ilvl’s lower I beat them.

Also the correct azerite traits make a huge difference.

in M+ specifically outlaw > assassination mainly due to the fact outlaw’s aoe is the same as its single target, however you just toggle blade flurry. and thats how you aoe yes.

There’s your reason. Your gear sucks.

1 Like

I’ve found your problem. And a 111 will likely have much better stats than you especially if he’s wearing decent Legion gear.
The higher your lvl the more ‘rating’ you need of crit, haste etc etc for it to be effective and because of level-scaled mobs he’s attacking targets with lower HP than you are, causing the DPS meters to go kinda out the window.

Let’s not forget that people in normal dungeons will also have legendaries, which are an absurd DPS boost. There’s a reason why you see DH twinks selling Freehold leveling boosts all the time.

That said, while Outlaw is currently ahead of Assassination in M+, Assassination is still completely viable. The difference is that you will have to work much harder in terms of both getting the right gear and doing correct AoE DPS.

With Outlaw you can pretty much just get a single Keep Your Wits About You (can be obtained from the very solid engineering helm for basically free btw), pop Blade Flurry and do your single target rotation while being as disruptive as possible with interrupts, stuns and disorients.

As Assassination you need at least a few Shrouded Suffocations and Echoing Blades to even hope being close to Outlaw. Then you also have to keep your DoTs going on ~4 targets while trying to be disruptive on the right targets. Good luck (literally) with that with the current RNG gearing system.

It’s a lot more work for the same or lesser reward, which is why you see so many Outlaws nowadays despite Assassination being pretty much just as good (with the right gear).

There are a few things worth mentioning that Assassination can do and Outlaw can’t though:

1. free AoE slow
  2. ability to silence and reduce the damage of up to 3 targets for a VERY long time
  3. DoTs can kill runners without you needing to chase them and give you more uptime if you need to leave melee range

All in all though, given that we are really late into the patch I would probably suggest you to go for Outlaw as it’s far less azerite gear dependent.

As for what talents / gear to go for you can check out both rogues in this log:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9z6GTHbY8WKpJyjF#fight=34&type=summary
They’re pretty much covered in best in slot gear, but I would obviously advise you to sim your own character using Raidbots as stat weights change with gear.

I’m a terrible altoholic, so in early bfa I leveled to 120 with all classes, some of the classes both factions, most of the time I’ve done LFR with all of them and also found rogue’s dmg output with low gear was much lower then any other classes on same (low) gearscore levels. However, if you push through with your rogue and you reach 380+ (easily ubtainable with world quests, weeklies), suddenly it starts to feel way better then any other class. Was in an LFR yesterday and getting 19000 dps consistently single target on my assassination spec, topping the LFR charts, still LFR, but it felt awesome.
I ran with outlaw at lower gearlvl for mythic dungeons (and blade flurry), switched over to assassination when gear got better and not looking back. Multidotting is really good,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.