Rogue Hit Cap in PvE and PvP

I know its a frequent question, but i couldnt find nothing clear on the internet. How much hit i need for a human combat rogue sword specialization for pve for end game raiding? I get 5 expertise with swords from racial, 5% with talents. And how much hit for Subtletly for PvP? Ty in advance.

2 Likes

I googled your question and it said 5% for PvE and 9% for PvP-

Im at 7% and still missing against lvl 61 mobs and im level 60 . But im in dagger spec since i havent been playing since classic.

1 Like

IIRC melees only want enough hit so their yellow attacks e.g sinister strike don’t miss.

you are being trolled because obviously you did not open a rogue guide and the warlock knowns it.
9% hit for ur special attacks to not miss, 28% for ur white attacks to not miss. special attack hit cap is the one u try to reach for pvp

1 Like

Hit is also useful in PvP because when your white attacks miss, you are not applying any poisons. However, the PvP gear does not provide +hit and thus it can be difficult to get high hit rating in PvP gear.

1 Like

So i should get 9% hit?

I would aim for at least that.

1 Like

These numbers are so off…

Its 5% for PvP - some classes have abilities or talents that reduce hit so u might want to push it to 7%+ (beyond that only mages can stack additional +5% chance to be missed but to my knowledge most dont go more than 2-3 points into that talent.

Now for PvE its 9% for yellow attacks and 28% for white hit cap on bosses.

Obviously you want to be above 9% and to stack as much hit as possible (until cap) however sometimes its better to get more AP/crit from an item and lose some hit you had… thats where stat weights (not perfect but a a pretty good indication) come in OR you can sim :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Ty for your answer :smiley: Very clear and detailed

So I copy pasted a reply I made in our guild Rogue channel to a guild member whom was asking about Hit when P2 landed. This is about PvE only and using the standard PvE combat build. Sorry for the extra bit in there about stat prio - it was relevant to that reply!! :smiley:

PASTE:

"In regards to hit - it is a great stat all the way until hard cap - at which point any more is not providing any gain. Hit is also very good stat when you use either an AEP or other Equivalency Points system such as normalised to AP. Going by these, point for point, hit is our best stat until cap. Well. Having said all that… Expertise is actually our best point for point stat (again, only to cap!) but due to item stats weighting and the fact you can’t gem for expertise - its pretty irrelevant!

In P1 we have a lot of hit on gear and are able to get to hard cap easily! Later phase gear has less hit on it but it has more of other stats to compensate in the DPS model. Although we drop hit we gain so much more of others stats that the new gear will have a higher AEP or normalised to AP score and will give us a higher DPS when used.

Put simply hit is great but you would always chose an item that is say 2 Agi over 1 Hit as you getting more stats and more DPS bonus (unless your not soft capped for hit but we all are well beyond that so it’s almost irrelevant).

Soft hit cap refers to the hit required to land Sinister Strike (Yellow attacks/special attacks) attacking a lvl 73 raid boss from behind
We will all have 5/5 precision talented and after that need

Soft cap - 64

Hard cap refers to MH and OH auto attacks from behind a lvl 73 raid boss target

Hard cap - 363
Hard cap with improved FF - 316
Hard cap with heroic presence - 347
Hard cap with both FF and heroic presence - 300

We want to use the gear that has the heaviest stat weighting with set bonuses etc taken into account. That gear should never go under soft cap (it wont anyway this far into tier raid gear) and we should not go over hard cap either as then we are wasting stats."

1 Like

What is the hard cap not getting any misses against same level player? Five percent just gives you enough hit to not miss special attacks, but you still miss awful lot of auto-attacks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.