Rogue in 8.3

Hello!

I’ve been playing a rogue in classic and im interested to play as one in bfa aswell.

I kinda don’t like that they don’t survive much damage like a warrior but thats obvious but I really like that they can be invicible and assassination in pvp and pve. Also Outlaw rogue seems very good in m+.

Is it worth trying it out and gear up to see if I like it. I have a rogue on another realm and I stoped playing him becasue I didn’t like that they can’t survive alot of damage as I said before but since then I’ve always wanted to go back for some reason. Maybe becasue of they class fantasy or something else idk maybe stealth or that they are good.

What should I do, what should you’ve done.
Thanks!

I’d only use assa for pvp and raids.

Outlaw is marginally easier for M+

Rogue is one of the many classes which are gear oriented AF to function at its best as stealth is a completely useless mechanic and everyone wants your class to boil down to the guy who keeps running around a pillar to reset the fight only.

1 Like

I had problems killing thrall in the vision. My rogue is around ilvl 413.
How did u guys proceed?

Use your mitigation off CD, take cheat death. Use cds off CD. Make sure you open when specced into subterfuge in this order. Garrote > rupture> garrote. Into vendetta, toxic blade regular rotation from there. (Becareful with this part when doing it solo, can potentially reset mobs.) Vanish Garrote rupture when both dots drop to 6 seconds. Doing mechanics helps too.

Talents should look something along the lines of elaborate planning, vigor, cheat death, toxic blade, poison bomb and either iron wire or prey on the weak for PVE.

Trait mostly into double dose and shrouded suffocation where possible and one point into nothing personal.

Rogue is more of a support-dps class currently arguably when compared to other classes than big boi little brain huge damage, so dont be surprised if stuff hurts. Cause well when your cds are down your a squishy potato waiting to be stood on.

As for tacts regarding thrall you can shadowstep or sidestep seismic slam. The rest should be enough leverage to make sure you dont die, if your still struggling and cheat death is -really- doing nothing for you then take leeching poison and you can maybe though i dont really advise it take master poisoner so you get more HPS from your leech. as it buffs lethal and non lethal poisons

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.