Rogue Tweak

So first of all, this is not a “I’m so sad” post, or feeling neglected.
I for one have no issue with certain classes being more or less powerful in the different phases… But… and yes there is a but…

I really think it is a shame that rogues only really has one play style no matter what role we play
DPS – Mutilate
Tank – Mutilate
Mutilate = Daggers – and I know many of us, dream about the sword rogue being a viable thing again.

I tank in ST and I have no complaints about it, and yes I’m using mutilate as it is the only thing to do

And today Blizzard made changes that should be Saber Slash some more power and maybe bring back the Sword rogue… but I think they missed a key part here.

I will only address this as a tank.

If we go Saber Slash instead of Mutilate, we are 1 combo point behind every time we use Saber Slash contra Mutilate, we are also only attacking with 1 weapon and not 2.

The combo point itself can be overlooked with the use of HaT, but the real bottleneck is Energy. If I need to keep up 5 Saber Slash, Blade Dance and SaD – there is almost no energy left for Sinister Strike that would make up for some of the damage missing from Mutilate, and even less for Rupture, where Carnage could increase it by 20% - even if I run CttC and save some combo points I miss the 20% damage from Carnage.

Running Combat Potency with swords is an even worse solution, since it will get slower energy than daggers that often is <1.6 ApS.

Did I miss something, anyone who has any ideas to what I’m doing wrong ? or is the attempt made to power up Saber Slash not enough to challenge mutilate?

Keep up the good work Blizzard and players enjoy what you like !

Hello there. If you can manage your energy HAT is great CP generator. If not, Combat Potency is way to go, as sword rogue you go slow MH and fast OH, Combat Potency procs only from OH. For energy management Relentless strikes talent is must have (use finisher skills at 3+ CP), or you will starve for energy. Adrenalin rush is great, but with long CD. Ruthlessness is another talent for saving CP. As tank i do not think that Muti is must have. You can do fine as swords. Also there is great sword options- thrash blade from quest , 1 hander from WSG revered, drop from maraudon and more.
Nug energy addon or similar is must have to track when you geting energy tick, and use skill just before that, it works wonder, after a while it becomes natural to manage. You have to play it relaxed and do not pump all energy pull, predict ahead, if there is certain skill to be used or interrupt, you must keep energy for that.
Hope this helps.
Peace!

Maybe they should still make saberslash -5 energy cost to make it equal with mutilate (or mutilate +10!)
The damage improvement alone is not enough