Roleplay-Server Policies / Blizzard activity

Hah you can’t report name reporters.

My healthy lore name and camouflage will hide me in the shadows of the Barrens’ tallgrass as I report pepega omegalul names while skinning my prey.

You can’t retaliate with me reporting crazy twitchhead names.

3 Likes

Sorry, Elf of Ashenvale.

Even if you’re called Natsu of Astranaar in /s claims it cant hide the system name pepeganataliya that you hold.

wipes his knife of animal blood

2 Likes

Well damn it! You being the color you are ( #noracist :rofl:) there’s no way I would know you’re in that green bush writing long reports about people who pass you by unknowing you’re there… lurking in the shadows… watching in thebushes…

…always watching and seeing… :flushed::scream:

And also, how did you know my character has a thing for pepega! Reveal your sources at once! :exploding_head:

Watching my prey…

Skinning their hides…

Selling them to make a living…

reporting WeirdChamp while doing all the above.

slides knife back in holster

/report Weirdchamp

“non RP name”

send

1 Like

That’s not a knoife. This is a knoife!

Draws bigass blade from her back scabbard while RPing as Crocodile Dundee

are you trying to say that you are your character IRL? Is the one looking at the screen a level 24 night elf hunter? Is the one clicking on enemies Natiliya, guild member of Great Days?

With logic this :zzz: I’d assume you’re trolling but the way you wrote a 7 paragraph post about it makes me think you, unfortunately, are serious.

I have no idea how you made up that part, but to be clear: No. Nowhere did I say anything like that or even suggest such thing. Perhaps you didn’t fully understand what I wrote… Could be because english isn’t my language, or could be something else.

In case I need to draw a picture, I was talking about the name that shows above my character screen VS the name I’ll tell my character actually got. If it’s Jonas, then who is anyone to say my night elf female character can’t be named Jonas?

To draw a better picture: No, I wasn’t talking about my IRL name, which isn’t Jonas and obviously isn’t any “Troll-bantering…” either, in case there’s some sort of misunderstanding.

Your attempt to “you’re trolling” or “OMG u serious?!” kinda suggests that you didn’t fully understand my meaning for the reasons I wrote just couple of lines above.

But I hope you do now, so there’s no more reasons to start a comment with that “So you’re saying that…” nonsense, which we all know only certain people use. No need to try putting words into other peoples mouths just because you didn’t understand the meaning.

3 Likes

I’d like to not get attacked because of my skin colour, thanks

To the point however, you agree that your character is, then, not you. Your character is not the one who clicks and presses buttons, who points the mouse at things.

And your character is also not the one that clicks on report, to send a report to Blizzard. We agree on this.

So all is well, and your zany logic has been cured.

Skin color? What does anyones skin color got to do with any of this?

…wow, ok… Let me draw you a very clear picture this time, about that “certain people” and what I mean by that, so you don’t think everything has to do with trivial stuff like what colored skin someone has.

By “certain” people, I refer to those who like to misunderstand and twist peoples words, so they’d better fit their narrative. You know, like those who can’t take a counter argument without trying to twist it into something completely negative, even when it wasn’t. Not saying my “argument” was something awesome, but that’s beside the point about those “certain” people.

Don’t bring skin color into something where it wasn’t even mentioned please.

reporting someone’s name is an entirely ooc (out of character) thing.

roleplay is about acting out or performing the part of a person or character that in this case should fit the universe (world of warcraft). if you’re a guy named omegapog i will report you and hopefully get you flagged for a name change so you can be something more fitting with the naming tos (https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/135764)

ok

i think you put words in your own mouth

1 Like

sure, play off the blatant racism like it’s nothing, alright.

You’ve been reported dude have a nice day, this is not okay.

:dab emoji:

Yeah I suppose I did, but who wouldn’t anyway. I can’t put words into other peoples mouths anyway, nor would I like to do that.

And my point was this:

Yeah, I agree that in RP servers people should respect the RP rules and name their characters to fit that. What qualifies as RP name is somewhat grey-area, since someone running with a nametag like Omegapog could mean report to some, while someone else might see that as “ok, might be some sort of nickname that character got after too epic evening at the inn… who knows what’s his actual in-character name would be”. I wouldn’t report that. But we all have our opinions about RP names.

Something like Ezekiel could be reported, if someone highly religious sees it as an offensive name someway, who knows right?

But gotta admit, people should actually understand my first comment was more or less a joke. But as it is with the interwebs, people will get offended easily. One thing is true tho… while reporting is OOC, so is you knowing what name that person has above their heads making every single name you see floating above characters OOC, so best bet is to switch that feature off and enjoy the game in more immersive manner.

Maybe if you want something to come across as a joke, don’t say

but instead say

What blantant racism?

Are you alright there…? That makes absolutely 0 sense what you’re talking about.

You thinking everything’s about racism just makes you seem highly racist yourself, don’t it? Because I didn’t “play off” anything. I tried to explain to you why I don’t care what race/gender/whatever you are, because those things are trivial to me. It makes absolutely no difference what skin color you have, but apparently it does to you?

I’m asking, because I’m not entirely sure. Nobody who don’t care about racial issues would see the word “certain” as a reference to skin color, other than those who see racism everywhere and just have racist mindset themselves.

So do explain how on earth would one bring racism into this “debate” when there was none before you went there?

1 Like

it was obviously a joke, not my fault that I failed to clarify that in any way or shape.

Hope this has been a fruitful lesson in being clear with your posts for future reference xoxo have a nice day

Not if you just include it right away king, instead of making it a guessing game which part of the post was a joke and which part wasn’t.

Yeah, you’re right. To think people would get it as a joke was a bad call. I shouldn’t think people can make the difference with jokes and being serious over the interwebs… But still, some of it was and some of it wasn’t. Everyone have their opinions so they’ll think for themselves no matter what I’d say.

If I say “this part was a joke” then someone would still claim I was dead serious. You just can’t win against people who wanna get offended by everything.

I’ll keep that in mind and carry a pencil and drawing board with some metal wire next time, thanks :sweat_smile:

thanks for agreeing

no

yeah it could be reported but it’d be a false report.

woah that’s crazy…

1 Like

More or less man, more or less… :joy: So some was, some wasn’t :sweat_smile:

Btw don’t underestimate the political correctness of this world. If someone writes why they dislike your name and how it offends (somehow) their religious beliefs, Blizzard might just cave in so they didn’t have to deal with “being anti-religious” or something… who knows. We live in crazy world :zipper_mouth_face:

(oh and just so you know, I’m not going to report your name, that’s now why I brought it up)

So far the experience I had in the oficial rp server is… low, compared to a private rp server that it actually amaze me.My guess is that Layering is blowing me hard and I cant genuinely find somebody in the world without having to make a group and prepare things OCC, breaking the atmosphere.

Its like blizzard calling the server RP but not giving a shet.

I have seen guilds running and pvp around yelling things over and over. not much of an enjoyment for me.
Idk, I was shocked, I mean I m into dnd, ctulhu, roleplaying overall. I forgot how the oficial thing was I guess, or maybe Im losing all the fun.

1 Like