Roleplay-Server Policies / Blizzard activity

Hello guys,

i have been looking forward to play classic on a roleplay server, especially to avoid watching names like “trainstation”, “tigbits” or “lowblob”.

Unfortunately there are many, many names on the server, which doesnt fit into roleplay or the roleplay policies.

On horde-side for example, there is a player called “Reichsleiter”.
“Reichsleiter” has been a german taskforce in the third reich.
As “Reichsleiter” some people were also called in the government of the third reich.
i mean, even on a non-rp-server i would expect from blizzard to remove this name.
I used the ingamefunction to report this and other names several times, but it feels like no one is doing anything about it.

What do you do about it?
Does it look to you like blizzard is watching the players acting according to the role play policies?

15 Likes

Me and my guild have already reported over 100 names. Unfortuantely the cleaning or whatever blizz has to do hasnt been initiated yet and we are very bummed about it.

8 Likes

I report like 10-20 names per day. I hope Blizzard takes action soon.

2 Likes

I reported a name yesterday then friended him to keep track and when I checked today his name was changed, so they definitely take action.

6 Likes

Cool! Im also gonna do that nextime.

Huh, actual progress on this issue? I’ll give your method a go Kodobane, see what happens. Thanks for letting us know.

You should also put a note on them in the friends list and write their current name, so you know if it changes.

Why it has to be name, why it cant be a nick name of their character? I mean that he got some where doing some deeds? Have you ever thought about it?

2 Likes

We can forgive nicknames like charlieblaze but names like bootywarrior and retardin and such?? common

5 Likes

Booty warrior sounds like a pirate thing. Retardin is actually medicine name. Whats wrong with those names?

1 Like

yea we report loads of names too. u just gotta have patience

1 Like

Killing Owowhatsthis, the female Tauren Shaman multiple times yesterday felt better than doing the same with the usual Horde scum.

Breaking the server naming rules is one thing, but being a weeb on top of that is simply unacceptable.

7 Likes

– Ah, yes. I remember you “Mcmourning”. How you and your goons flew into Arathi and proceeded to own me.

This will not be forgotten, my Dwarven brother… I will have my revenge.

(this is an ic post)

(also i will report your name)

2 Likes

poggers pogchamp pepega omegalul beware.

1 Like

What’s wrong with his name? Mcmourning sounds like a regular name.

1 Like

Reporting bad names is not wise action. Bad names gives me hint not to invite such person into the group, for guild it gives an alert concerning such person. Reporting these people you are removing such indicator from the person.

2 Likes

I would prefer to have an authentic roleplay experience then having some guy run around with the name pepelaugh!

2 Likes

I’ll report anyone reporting names, because they’re obviously doing that god-RP. How else would they know someones name anyway, without asking. Just untag that show names box from settings and be a real RPer, because you will not know their name unless they or someone who knows them says it out loud. Brb, making a char that starts with “Hypo…”.

And yeah, some of this was a joke, and some wasn’t.

5 Likes

sounds like the argument of someone that has bad character names

Even if I did (if you consider this characters name bad for RP then ok) you wouldn’t actually know it, unless you asked. Unless you were doing that “I know things I actually shouldn’t-RP” that many RPers do…

So ok, this characters name is bad for RP, let’s all agree on that, because someone said so. But what I can do, is to say my nime is actually something more appropriate for RP if someone asks my chars name. Your god-like skills allow you to see “Nataliya” over my character, but my actual in-character name would be Jonas Globbergogger the First of Troll-bantering familyline. Or something else.

It’s RP after all and with that, I wouldn’t be breaking any rules. But if someone gets offended by how the name above my char name didn’t match, they’re not really RPers, because they wouldn’t know that.

But yes, because my characters name is bad like you said (pretty much, actually literally only char for me in classic) it must be because of that reason I dislike those RPers who know more than their character actually should know. Not very in-character-like.

Also, my “argument” was just as justified as someone knowing someone elses name without asking. Sure, I can agree that some names shouldn’t be in RP servers, because there are legit offensive stuff going on. But if it’s just one of those that wouldn’t offend anyone other than those who wanna be offended by everything, what’s the big deal. Just turn off the names, because that’ll give you better immersion, than seeing your enemies redname before you even can make out if it’s horde or alliance.

Much more immersive ambushes that way too, when your enemy can hide in simple bush and thrre’s no red name over that bush to give away his position. But naturally, that kinda immersion breaker is all good and fine…

2 Likes