RoP is GONE! Hallelujah!

I can’t believe after so many years of suffering they actually listened!
Good riddance, It will soon feel like a distant bad dream we woke up from.

6 Likes

Only once have I complained about mages on these forums in all my years of playing WoW and it was due to Rune of Power existing.

I can’t believe that mages are finally free. This is amazing. BE GONE RUNE OF POWER!!!

All hail the dev who removed this stupid stupid STUPID spell from existence. Please dear dev, delete every single line of code that was ever connected to Rune of Power so nobody accidentally or intentionally brings it back again.

4 Likes

Found it nvm,

oh, a Mage Rework :open_mouth: About time!

2 Likes

Cannot believe they are actually gonna do it. Absolutely incredible. The bane of the mage class is finally going where it belonged all along - into the trash.

Hated that garbage from the start, absolutely despised that moron mage MVP poster that kept advocating for it, despised having it stick around expansion after expansion - ALWAYS the top choice (options my butt)

Hard to find words for how much joy I felt when I heard. Friend mentioned it in discord as I was forming an M+ group and I thought he was cracking a joke or something.

Also by now I actually do think Blizzard is actually listening to player feedback, which is huge. Tons of pointers towards Blizzard’s newly developed tendency to not disregard player feedback but it always had this sour taste of “the current state of my class with 0 acknowledgement”. So glad that’s out of the way.

DF might just become the best expansion yet. “Do what you enjoy doing” philosophy as far as content is concerned coupled with the removal of the godawful stain that RoP is on the mage class is just mind blowingly amazing. Not that I have 0 gripes with DF but the biggest gripse I’ve had with WoW are now just gone. It’s like a dream.

2 Likes

About time.

1 Like

nice one! i didnt like it either !

That might be a bit of a relief, but it certainly doesn’t solve all our problems. The class needs a serious rework ASAP.

Honest opinion: to have Mages be let in high Mythic+ keys—give power to that 1 sweet AoE ability as we had in TBC. Arcane Explosion made us top DPS on trash and bosses that had adds alike. So, to begin with, a 1-2 button AoE would make the class more popular. For ST, just change a few talents or add a few and make the specs fun and flowing. That is pretty much all we need. But yeah, ROP was the most useless thing there is.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.