Rotation question, Arms

Hello,

I was wondering, how do you fellas know when to Slam? As Arms.
I know the theory, but do you use addons to know when exactly to Slam, so that you wouldn’t waste Rage (not reach cap) and not starve yourself, so that you can’t use Mortal Stike.
Or after playing for a longer time you just have a gut feeling when to press it?
I’m currently using “TellMeWhen” addon, which basically shows Slam icon in the middle of my screen, when I’m at around 80 Rage.
But the downside is I keep tunnelvisioning (is that a work?) a lot this way.
And if I don’t use this addon (for Slam anyway), then I sometimes either max out on Rage or starve myself.
This isn’t a huge issue ofc, since I’m not super serious raider or anything, just bugs me a little, just want to do my rotation as best as I can.

why ur showing the lowest prio ability in the middle of the screen…

just try learn more your priority list (ivy veins and wowhead has good ones) and then u start feeling when there is nothing else to do besides wasting rage on slam etc its more likely at 50+ rage ^^

and for example… on my last arms kill (didnt played it alot this patch) on a “patchwork” fight like skolex… slam does like 4-8% of my dmg… so rather try to get the other 90+% correct :wink:

(checked old SoD logs… yeah the % is still around the same)

try to get big uptime on bosses, timing of the CDs (even SS) and execute phases, try to execute snipe (esp in m+ or heavy cleave fights) … positioning… like stay in your speer / field of blossoms … position the aftershock , dreadnaught waves correct… etc

Oh the rest of the stuff is set up perfectly (for me), I do all that you wrote.
What remains is Slam, because it’s so… unimpactful, I don’t know how to handle it. :slight_smile:
I would love to get rid of Slam, and instead let’s say my Execute is usable at 37% instead of 35% or something… I hope with the new talents next expansion we can tinker more like that.

You can use slam when you make sure you can press MS / refresh Rend instant when it comes off cd or you need to renew. This has not always to be at 80 Rage. Sometimes you can press slam when you know there is rage to come in.

An example: Im at 40 Rage, i have nothing to press and my MS ist on CD for 1 second more. I watch my Autohit bar, is it about to make an autohit in this second? When yes, i use slam since i know from the autohit i got enough rage to press MS instant after it.

But tbh its not a big difference when you dont use it. There will be times you want to pool Rage aswell instead of pressing slam. For example for execute phases.

After a while you will get a feeling for it, at least when you have nothing to press bcos you out of rage.

1 Like

You slam to fish for tactician procs and that’s about it.
so.
If your next Mele will cap you on rage and you don’t need to refresh rend.
Get a swing timer, it’s not Vanilla anymore but it will help with Charge weaving and optimizing.
On AOE with Mericles bonegrinder and fervor of battle you can basically take it off your bars.

Slam is more of a filler spell, and I personally rarely end up in a situation where I need to press it since there are other things to prioritise first. :slightly_smiling_face:

I only use it (in PvP) if Mortal Strike AND Ignore Pain just went on cooldown, and you immediately capped Rage again. However if the enemy is bellow 35% health, don’t waste it on Slam since Execute should be priority then because you can spam it for big dmg.

In PvE do the same thing as above, except you don’t need to be using Ignore Pain on CD. Just whenever you take dmg to help healer out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.