Rouge class spec question

Hey, I have a level 60 rouge that have been sitting for a long time. I wanted to ask what is the best rogue spec as of right now that I should level up with or play endgame content with? Just a heads up. I boosted this character back in dragonflight, so I never played Rogue before and I do have all the other classes.
So feel free to suggest what’s back should I level up with and play endgame with?
Oh, and if you don’t mind, I would appreciate what stats should I prioritize?

Moulin Rouge is a great movie, you should watch it.

Jokes aside, Rogue is good yes, right now Assassination is the best spec for all content.

As for stats you want crit/mastery for PvM and vers/mastery for PvP. The good thing about this is that it works for both Assa and Subtlety, so if you ever feel like changing spec you won’t have to worry about gear.

1 Like

How about dung or open world stats?

“PvM” means Player versus Monster, it covers everything, dungeons, raid, open world, etc.

Only PvP is different but you need specific gear for that anyways so don’t worry.

Oh my bad lol, does it matter with who i lvl up with?

Not sure what you mean by “who”, you can do whatever you want with whoever you want, that won’t change how the class is played or what is good for it.

Stats only matter when you reach endgame and are looking to scratch small percentages of damage, if you’re leveling just use whatever has the higher level as that’s gonna be what gives you the most damage.

Knowing and understanding your damage rotation is way more important than gear.

Sry i think i didnt say it correctly, i ment what whould be the best spec for lvling a rogue? Like for ex frost mage is better for lvling.

Ah you meant which spec, in that case it depends.

For levels 1-46 I recommend Assa because it’s the only spec that will have enough energy to attack (must use Venomous Wounds talent which you can unlock at level 13).

At level 46 or higher I recommend Subtlety because your energy issue will be gone with the talent Vigor, and Sub has the best burst (high damage in low time) from all Rogue specs so you’ll kill things faster.

1 Like

Okay! thank you for all the information. I’ll try to level it than!

3 Likes

just say PvE like everyone else. OP read a guide, sim your char, go to a puppet and practice until you get like at least 90% of your sim. Enjoy.

1 Like

Your comment is out of place, I’ll say it however I want, both terms mean the exact same and it’s a matter personal preference.

And if all you’re gonna say to somebody who’s obviously new is “look for guide and sim” you might as well not say anything.

New to rogue yes, and “sim char and compare with performance at puppet” is very good advice because it makes it tangible. Nothing wrong it that advice.

Simming you char is 1-2 click, doesn’t need to be super fancy. And then reading a guide is just the best way to learn the rotation and to practice it you go to a puppet.

This was meant for after once you are 80.

So no, my comment isn’t out of place.

What is out of place is you trying to tell me how to say PvM/PvE which are basically the same, especifically with that tone.

The comment to the OP telling him/her to “look up for a guide” is just straight up useless, it’s the same as saying nothing.

Yeah sure you just have to magically find out what addons you need, download curseforge app or download SimC from a specific website, go to Battle app and open the WoW folder, find the corrrect folder, install it, go to the game and type the command for simc, go the website that has nothing to do with SimC, copy your settings, then make sure the settings for the sim are correct (targets, type of fight, buffs, etc) and then have to knowledge to understand the numbers.

1-2 clicks :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

1 Like

Assassination and Outlaw are the more stable. Assassination is more of a dot build(and hero talents messes a bit with rotation and is otherwise not something you notice in the spec),while outlaw is direct damage,although its abit more complicated.

You are also very squishy,so using CDs correctly is important,but you do have the benefits of stealth.

Or you just google “sim wow”, click on the first result, type in server, username, click buffs hit the button, done. Not rocket science.

Also no one installs addons by hand anymore and even doing so isnt rocket science either. OP isn’t stupid.

It’s called PvE not PvM. Use established lingo.

Not gonna argue with an illiterate, just google PvE or PvM and you’ll see everywhere that it means exactly the same.

You have your preference but I won’t let you impose it on me so deal with it :sunglasses:

Long live PvM.

Your probably right but your also the first person I’ve seen that used pvm. It’s always been pve. Maybe a language thing

I find Outlaw to be the most fun when the BtE bug doesn’t occur. With the 11.05 change making stealth/vanish reset the cooldown of BtE, the spec will also become easier to manage with one less plate to spin.