[RP-A/H] "The Nocturne" 🌌 - The Inn Between Worlds! - "The Key To Reality." (Hiatus)

Approximate Schedule of the Night

Argent Archives Link https://www.argentarchives.org/node/251114

19:30 Opening of The Nocturne :door:

20:00 Opening VIP Performance :milky_way:

20:25 Formal Dance Competition (sign-ups required!) :dancer:

21:25+ Stage Hour (4 participants) :musical_note:

22:05+ Special Performance of “Farmer’s Tragedy” :man_farmer:

“Stage Hour” vote results should come in by 22:45.

23:00 Final VIP Performance and Stage Hour Results :star:

23:20+ Open stage :microphone:

Closing time begins at 00:00. :door:

• Patrons interested in investing in artists can walk up and meet with the artists directly after their respective performances or later during the night!

• After the stage hour, Jera and staff members walk around and ask for people’s opinion on the act of the night (to receive VIP benefits and title), though every act will receive a magical trinket that confirms “This artist was brave enough to perform at the Nocturne.”

2 Likes

Formal Dance Competition Sign-Ups

• Jeraiel Goldfox presents you with a magical couple dance event in which you must prove that you know your way around the dancefloor. (Groups of 3 are accepted. You do not have to be an IC couple. Friends and strangers welcome to compete as well!
  • Utilizing three piano pieces, you and your partner will be challenged during various parts of the pieces!
  • Every couple is allowed to fail their /roll thresholds but must take note of it on a 10/10 scale that goes down with every failed threshold! There can be multiple victors!

:warning:

Rules
  • Rolling will follow a simple system of /roll 1-50 per individual. ( /roll 1-33 for 3 people.)
  • If both partners reach the threshold together, they pass the round.
  • One-block emotes are appreciated to not keep everyone else waiting on the dancefloor as all 16 participants compete at the same time.
  • Logical order:
  1. both dance partners /roll 1-50
  2. write their response emotes (“Jeraiel pulls her partner close, not tripping whilst performing a fancy spin together!” / “Jeraiel trips and pulls her partner to the ground! (-1)”)
  3. free “dance-RP-time” till next threshold is announced

Estimated time frame: 20:25 - 21:30, 20 minutes per song

Sign-ups recommended! Possible last minute sign-ups are accepted!

Maximum couples: 8

Prizes range from free dinner or drink to VIP status for the rest of the night!

2 Likes

Midnight Masquerade - Formal Dance Flyer

https://postimg.cc/47t6Chyx

Midnight Masquerade Flyer

3 Likes

Since I was asked whether the formal dance is an actual competition, it is not, really. It’s just a fun way to have a couple dance and all we’re doing is offering people a reward for dancing, s.a. free dinner or other small benefits. The big prize is to be considered a VIP till the end of the night, …

but you can not drop out and you can not lose! :heavy_heart_exclamation: :blush:

The Nocturne - Midnight Masquerade - Final Flyer, Map, Schedule, and more!

https://i.imgur.com/9yDE8SY.png
2 Likes

3 Likes

Hey people!

We’ve still got some slots left for the formal dance! Don’t forget to bring your dancing shoes!

• message to Jeraiel on Alliance or Jeraielfox on Horde
  • discord: fizzynoir#1233

:star: Flyer, Map, Schedule :star:

Two more days! Remember to check out our map of where the actual entrance in Suramar can be found at!

:arrow_down:

Looking forward

RP ADDONS that will certainly be useful! (Found on https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons):

• Listener: chat-addon that helps manage large crowds and can focus your chat on individual characters to read only what they wrote. https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/listener

• CrossRP: uses cross-faction roleplayer’s TRP3 profiles, if they have the same addon installed. It is vital to form a cross-faction raid. https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/cross-rp

• Musician: :musical_note:

allows your character to play music or to listen to music by the other players nearby, provided that they have installed the add-on as well. https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/musician

Elixir of Tongues: allows for cross-faction communication, found in Dalaran’s Underbelly: https://www.wowhead.com/npc=110642/fizzi-liverzapper

2 Likes

I hear the transmog stand was very well run last time.

3 Likes

Pop by to grab a ticket for our raffle, too! Tickets are limited, and I hear the prizes are just magical~

See you inn-between :sparkles:

4 Likes

:heart_eyes:
Make sure to find our staff members at the bar counters for raffle tickets, yesh!

:key: You can receive the key via the following options:

IC:
Unbound Brotherhood (Legerdemain Lounge) Dalaran
Jeraiel via mail or in person (Dalaran / Stormwind, sometimes as a Nocturne-staff-NPC on Horde)

OOC-IC:
From almost any innkeeper!

The Nocturne is no competition to inns, it actually forwards the performers to other inns in order to generate art!

• The Nocturne offers free illusion magics to transmogrify your clothing according to the night’s theme as well as provides coin to less fortunate members of the Alliance or the Horde. We also intend to give some of the revenue to charity, but the largest amount will go to performers / artists!

Insert the key into any regular door to access the Nocturne during opening night!

I would like to thank Jeraiel and the whole Nocturne for the wonderful event. Words can’t describe their dedication, so I won’t even try.

A hundreds cheers, and a few more.

6 Likes

I wish to thank Jeraiel again for allowing Arian to perform my own poem, ‘‘Starlight’’ and an edited version of Jeremy Soule’s classic of: ‘‘Fear Not This Night’’ to the audience and guests of TN. Also I’m even more humbled that I was given the second place and that I heard I got so much praise for my performance.

If anyone ever have in need of an elven enthusiatic, red-maned worgen, then Arian will be around for anyone who wish to hire him for a performance, poetry or sculpture!

4 Likes

Coffee and Breathing Room

How do you measure joy? What is the worth of a shared dream? Which is the right amount to pay for satisfaction? So many questions in her head, too many for one young woman to answer. Some day she would find answers to them but in this moment … they still seemed far away.

It was quiet now inside The Nocturne, now, that even the VIP patrons had left after having slept in their rooms.

Jeraiel, still in her pyjamas, was sweeping the entrance hall of the Nocturne during the next morning. Her thoughts drifted from one memory to another, were thrown into chaos by an abundance of unfinished conversations and caused great disarray in her troubled mind.

She bumped into someone standing behind her, spun around and looked up at the tall, tough woman that was Remidia who offered her a smile warmer than any hearthfire could ever burn. “Are we drifting off into our own little dream worlds again, Jera?” The draenei woman asked, caressing Jeraiel’s hair and sorting out the bed head of the Nocturne’s owner.

Jeraiel yawned, longing for a cup of coffee, as she leaned onto the broom. “Oh, you know, I don’t believe that my dreams are as colorful as our actual life, but they give me time to prepare for the real deal!” She nodded to herself. “I’ll finish this in a bit, want a cup, too, Remmy?”

“I do not mind. Did you enjoy last night?” The tall Remidia responded, walking back toward the kitchen counter.

A pair of glasses rested on top of the kitchen counter, a black cat meowed and darted out of the kitchen into the dining room. Jeraiel frowned and eyed Remidia, but she simply shook her head and shrugged.

Jeraiel snuck into the kitchen, carefully avoiding to step onto the sleeping human girl named Bridget, who was also called ‘Clips’, and Glelda, the Gnome woman who worked as a bouncer and telemancer for the inn.

They were still deep inside of their very own dream worlds, leaning against the back of the kitchen counter, snoring from time to time. “No… we do not have… strawberry chocolate… shakes…” Bridget muttered in her sleep. Glelda agreed with a noise which could only be described as humpf.

After a little while, Jera returned to the kitchen counter, sat down next to Remidia on one of the bar stools and presented her with a steaming cup of coffee.

“You looked quite exhausted last night, Jera, are you sure you don’t want to sleep in any longer?” Remidia asked, worried.

“I’ve rested enough, I’ve got too much to take care of. Promised Earl van Rook and Lady Rowley that I’d take their breath away during the next opening, and I forgot to properly advertise Mardock Blackhammer and his business as well as Miss Khari, the wonderful fashionista, so I will definitely have to keep track of that… it was my mistake and it was not supposed to happen, so …” Jera drifted off, sighing softly as she sipped on her still hot coffee, blowing cool air onto it.

“I am sure things will work out, Miss Khari certainly told Mister Blackhammer that it was just a mistake due to letters not being perfectly clear and all that, Jera.”

“I know, I know… I’ll still do my best to make it up to them. They are wonderful and important, sponsors of our inn and all that.” She sulked for a while.

Jeraiel eyed two aprons neatly folded on one of the bar stools. “I hope Faelean and Cair got home safely. We really need to meet up for a get together outside the inn some time.”

“We will, don’t you worry, Jera. Now, take a breather and enjoy your morning. It was another wonderful success, I am sure of it. Later on, I will have the 40 gold coins - revenue of last night, including parts of the patron contributions - delivered to the Suramar animal shelter for endangered wild life.” Remidia nodded, smiling at the little boss woman by her side.

“Thanks, Remmy, and I’ll start drafting plans for the next opening night, then. Need to speak to Miss Rakihu Gorelash for that matter and her business proposal, uh-huh.” She finished her coffee and got up, stretching.

“You never ever rest for long, do you, Jera?” Remidia’s smile became as soft as a mother’s smile for her child.

“I don’t like running out of time, but I like running, uh-huh!” With these words, she was about to leave the inn, only to be stopped by a tail wrapping itself around her waist.

“We can’t do business in pyjamas, can we now, Jera?” Remidia mused.

“Watch me. No. Wait, probably a bad idea. Uh-huh, you are right. Time to find my socks.” Jeraiel responded, nodding as she dashed toward the changing rooms upstairs.

“And actual pants, a shirt, and a belt, Jera. Pants, shirt, belt. Don’t forget! No pyjamas outside the inn!” Those were the last words of Remidia.

Not her last, but, they were rather important and probably, actually, quite good last words, Jera thought, narrating herself as she ascended the stairs.

The Nocturne’s Creed

We find words that hit others like lightning strikes,
We promise to make people smile, no matter the price,
We live dreams that few can even dare to imagine,
We take a lot so that we can make even more happen,
We share everything, we are one of a kind,
And we live quicker, quicker into the night.

We keep playing when the midnight bell rings,
We stand on a stage that turns fiend into kin,
We tell stories written by moments of our lives,
And hope to be remembered when dawn arrives.

Remember us, for we will return
Here and there - The Nocturne.

[ooc]

With this ends the second opening night of the The Nocturne.

We have counted a total of 163 GUESTS. :star_struck:

Another ~30 IC/OOC hours of work for one single opening night done! I would like to personally thank:

• Bridget for designing the lovely flyer & map! :blue_heart: :heavy_heart_exclamation:
  • Remidia for keeping track of people and helping with too much stuff to count! :purple_heart: :purple_heart:
  • Cair for the menu as well as working with Briarcrest on the raffle! :white_heart:
  • Glelda and Faelean for giving a lot of input as well as working as allrounders! :green_heart:

Additional thanks to:

• Our lovely co-host Remethion Lastaril and his help Naryu, as well as the <“Nightborne”> umbrella-guild-community!

• The Special Guest Performance by Intra and the actors of “Farmer’s Tragedy” for hosting their play on our inn’s stage!

• Kori Raine & Shioh Bluepaw for providing special drinks!

• Our VIP Virtuoso Seo’larin for the opening performance!

• The lovely Kiss and her dance performance, the wonderful Arian for his musical poetry and our newest Nocturne :milky_way: VIP Virtuoso, Barovar the amusing bard! :star:

Time to plan the next opening night!

– Jeraiel

5 Likes

Another magical evening in the Inn Between Worlds :sparkles: :dizzy:

Thank you to all who attended the Midnight Masquerade! Who knows what’s next…~ :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

The Nocturne is considering hiring 1 or 2 Horde staff members, feel free to apply!

Alliance: Jeraiel / Jeraiell
Horde: Jeraielfox
Discord: fizzynoir#1233

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/AEKqw2kuNK

:milky_way: We plan to open again in April! :milky_way:

So disappointed I missed this, hoping to attend your events in the future!

2 Likes

The Nocturne - Underwater World - 1st of May, 19:30

Flyer designed by the fantastic Bridget Cross

Click link for flyer and information!

https://imgur.com/a/Fc0HelL

3 Likes