RP Location for a Medical facility in SW city

Hi!

A recently created guild is looking for a good spot to perform their RP.
We’re called the Ellerian Medical Centre both OOC and IC, and we’ve settled a spot that is a bit crammed and at times get visited by people expecting it to be what it is set up as in the game; A library.
It is the little library near the Stockades, right next to “The Scribe of Stormwind” shop.

The most recent idea we’ve got is to use the Orphanage as a location for our centre.

It is rarely used as a place of RP IC, and it ultimately looks the greatest in terms of a hospital setting. Lots of beds, and lots of room.

Though we have worries that this location might not sit well with some roleplayers out there, and we’d like a public opinion on this.
Please give us your thoughts! Is this okay, or not?

PS. If you got any other suggestions of a locale , please share it!

3 Likes

I was about to suggest that very locale myself, before I finished reading your post :grin:

I agree; I think the orphanage is the best place in SW for such RP.

If anyone objects, you can casually mention, “Ah, yes, the Orphanage was kind enough to share this place with us.”

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback!

We had the same idea as you proposed, if the scenario happened that people go questioning our being there.

We don’t yet know if we should actually pretend to be sharing the orphanage, or simply act as if this building is strictly for medical use.
Since sharing child care with brutally injured adults can be quite controversial.

Though seeing that WoW is set in different times, and that we have things like public hangings and other questionable procedures in daily RP life, it shouldn’t be too farfetched.

The Ellerian Medic nods gravely at the question.

"I agree, but for now, this is what we have.

Light willing, we might get a proper hospital once resources are not being drained by major war efforts."

1 Like

To be fairly honest barely anyone uses the Orphanage IC as is… And it can always be played as the children being part of the pediatric section as well. Unfortunatly I do not think there is any building in SW that would suit such. In my opinion we could use a revamp to the cities and the available opened buildings to be used. A good Guard house, the medical facilities and maybe a bigger Barrack would be in my view the most needed additions to the game.

Thank you for your feedback.

We’ll take that explanation into consideration with the children running around the place.

And also totally agree on the revamp-part. It’d be incredible if the city was improved to cater a bit to the RP community a bit more. But with how it stands, we’ll have to make do with what we got!

Using a good place is absolutely paramount to the immersion of RP. And massive kudos to asking the community about it! Hats off to that.

My main concern though is whether or not you can even enter those beds. It might be good to look into that before deciding on it. I don’t use the place so I wouldn’t know, so this point might be moot.

Another point I’d like to make is maybe the idea that the children running around, including players during Children’s Week, might be slightly disruptive.

I do some medical RP myself, and I almost instinctively go to the Cathedral for it. Maybe the guilds frequenting might also even provide some synergy?

Don’t get me wrong; I’m all up for it, if it works. But some points I thought were worth raising. If it works though, go for it! I’ll gladly see a dedicated location for Medical RP.

Thanks for the feedback!

We have tested the beds in the orphanage, and they do indeed work, in a sense. You can lay on the top bunk, and they’re even at a good height to be able to just jump up ontop without risk of it being too high for interactions from a medic standing beside it. (Except for our GM gnome)

The top floor is off-limits OOCly. We really can’t acess it without walking out and hopping on a mount to fly in. So it’ll most likely be used for storage.

The disrupting children is a point we have balled back and forth. But we’re all used to NPC’s being in buildings and talking over to fill up the chat. Looking at you, Kalecgos.
Either way, we find it well worth to accept the running kids to be able to use the sheer amount of beddings inside the building to make up for these cons.

Going to the Cathderal is a very viable option. But with our newly added void friends we feel it’s a good idea to expand on people’s options.
And we found no real way to fit ourselves into the Cathedral, with the diversity we’ve got in our healers/doctors/apothecaries and other medical staff. Cathedral is meant for more than being an emergency room.
Any guilds wishing to provide syngery is welcome to hit us up. We’d love to work together with others to make all parties happy and satisfied.

Please bring up anymore points or questions you might have, we’re happy to respond!

P.S
Forgot to bring up the thing with Children’s week.

We’ve been thinking of IC making arrangements to share the locale. As in, it’ll be a pediatric section of the Center. Credit goes to Nightember responding to this post earlier.

And that either we’ll need to temporarily stop RPing during that week, or that we roll with the idea of it being IC.
That the people showing the kids around for ach’s are just a part of the sharing of the center, and its pediatric (Orphanage) section.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.