RP: Monk or Rogue?

Hello. I have an idea for a character in Argent Dawn, but I don’t know which class of those two is more appropriate. Would you help me pick a class for my new character please? Here is the description:

• Uses martial arts and rarely stealth. He/she doesn’t use magic to vanish from plain sight but can move silently and hide. Kills important targets to prevent disasters from happening and to protect anything dear to them.

• Respects most laws, but doesn’t want to be too restricted. If he/she wants to do something that is against the law but doesnt put others in danger, he/she does it in secret.

• Somewhat honest. Rarely lies and steals. He/she only lies when he/she feels he/she has to. Steals only inexpensive objects that may be important to him/her and doesn’t miss an oppurtunity to keep lost money.

• Doesn’t take risks and doesn’t do anything suspicious without being sure he/she won’t get caught. Keeps some of his/her skills in secret. Has some knowledge of anatomy.

Monks are not all good and rogues are not all bad.

Combat rogue I’d say.

Hello, Dottie. Thank you for answering. Combat was changed to Outlaw in Legion. I consider using that spec if I make a rogue. However, I still haven’t decided, because Outlaw Rogues have pistol attacks too. I don’t know if this will work.

I’m trying to make something that resembles, for example, Kitana or Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat. They are quite deadly but have their own fighting styles and look like ninjas. Or a Naruto-style ninja. Like the Ninja job in FFXIV. I’ve played as one and I like their fighting style.

I asked in-game for opinions in several realms too and I got mixed responses. A few people even suggested a Feral Druid. I’m confused now.

From your descriptions, I’d say monk. They are masters of martial arts, can move swiftly and silently, are usually honest and have their own moral/honor codes and know the body anatomy due to the nature of chi.

Hi Xelirah,

It could be an idea to ask this on the Argent Dawn forums as well, the folks over there are creative and can also probably help you refine your ideas further :slight_smile:

Thank you for the suggestion. I already made a rogue last night, but now I will make a monk too and see which one will become more fun in time.

Because there isn’t a single class that is suggested by almost everyone, it seems like the character I’m trying to create is a mix of the two. If rogues can kick someone in the face, maybe they aren’t that bad at martial arts.

Maybe for now I will play as 2 classes with the same name, same appearance, on different realms, and RP them as one character, not demonstrating skills where they aren’t needed. Or just make them enemies from opposing factions. :smiley:

I can tell you that now, monk.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.