(RP-PVP campaign) Silverpine Offensive 27.03. SIGNUPS CLOSED!

Says the guy posting on an alt. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Oh no, ahhhhh you got me, no!

3 Likes

I walk into the bustling Valley of Honor. Orcs, trolls, tauren, undead and elves all mingling together in high numbers. People in my group find cool and organic RP with the locals within about ten minutes.

I sigh, Horde RP is dead.

3 Likes

Imagine needing to lie in hopes of garnering forum points. :^)

Also see above.

1 Like

You tell me, you seem to be proficient at it.

1 Like

Post on your main or not at all, buddy.

:thinking: in ten characters

:thinking: indeed

4 Likes

I can’t read your posts, because they don’t seem to have a character attached to them. :^)

Just going to say, that’s not realistic.

From personal experience, any advantage given to the Horde to make up for their lower numbers is usually called Horde bias and met with the insistence that the Horde must either fight against the Alliance fairly, or the Alliance must be allowed to use similar tactics or advantages against the Horde.

We saw something similar during this campaign, when the Alliance was allowed to march into the Sepulcher without any problem at all and claim it from the Horde because ‘it was unoccupied,’ while the Horde was unable to take an unoccupied Ambermill from the Alliance the day after because ‘it had been fortified.’ Who knew that Ambermill apparently has better fortifications than the Sepulcher?

This idea would require a lot of good will from the Alliance player base who would have to be willing to grant the Horde some sort of unfair advantage over them, in order to make up for the Horde’s lower numbers. I can believe that there are some Alliance guilds that might be willing to play along with this, sure. I can’t believe that the the majority of Alliance participants would be happy with it, though.

The other two ideas are fine. Predetermined outcomes are great and shorter skirmishes are fantastic. But let’s face it, a lot of participants would either outright ignore any traps set by the Horde, or they’d use some sort of magic or equipment that makes the trap immediately inconsequential, or they’d demand the right to do the same thing right back at the Horde, and more.

The players that view these campaigns in a competitive light are not going to play along with any DM-granted advantage given to the Horde.

5 Likes

le epic ragnarok trole :^)

2 Likes

Not a member of Ragnarok, but okay. :^)

I only communicate with people who have a positive likes-to-posts ratio

I suppose then any would be Campaign organisers should compile a private list of those who have failed to cooperate with organisers in the past and prevent them from signing up in the first place? RP is all about cooperation, its hard to get past that if one side isnt interested in cooperating.

As we’ve seen from this campaign, all signing up does is let people know that you’re probably going to be there. Not signing up has no consequences, despite what people insist. As we can see from Wilcox’s last post, in fact, the people who sign up but don’t show are viewed as worse than the people who show but didn’t sign up.

And suddenly, Ragnarok became a tolerable guild

1 Like

That depends on the organisers though no? If something was done to none sign ups surely that would change things?

We’ll have to agree to disagree.

:crazy_face::nauseated_face::exploding_head: is your father

6 Likes

i think that’d be swell :))