RP Shard where the Alliance dominate, outnumber the Horde and get all the bonuses

Fight me over it then, I’m not slaving and hunting around for my dailies in a raid sized party to fend off the horde which clearly have numbers advantage often than not in the shards I’m lumped into :^)

The only way you’d be in a Horde dominated shard is if you joined a non-rp shard through group finder or a rp group was made bringing in a raid.

P.S Chelvar is Human.

Yeah pretty depressing that most Alliance on argent dawn don’t realise how much the game is in their favour. Heck, one time a horde rogue vanished from about 5 of us and one of the allies had the audacity to call him a coward! How oblivious can they be? They need to shard RP realms with the general war mode populace. We can still have PVP (for rppvp events etc) on RP only shards by turning off war mode and toggling /pvp. But the alliance will kick up too much of a fuss for that because atm they are playing the game on easy mode. Oh and if that guy tries to claim war mode doesn’t have rp only shards he is wrong. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/rp-servers-no-longer-sharded-together-in-wm/406963 blue post confirms. Alliance have the population advantage but still benefit from the EU wide war mode bonus. That’s the famous blizzard polish these days I guess.

1 Like

Don’t know what this Worgen is smoking but there is way more Alliance than Horde when you have WM on. Try doing any of the elite AP WQ’s as Horde and tell me different.

2 Likes

As an alliance player on AD I must agree with OP. There’s way more allys in WM and we shouldn’t be the ones recieving welfare gear when everything is like a walk in a park. Make the % bonus reward server based and not region!

2 Likes

I don’t know either to be honest, it’s clearly obvious the state warmode is in on the RP shards.

Realm or shard based bonus is bad idea, will not help region imbalance at all.

But it’s fine that RP shards are locked together when the bonus should be the other way round? The system is imbalanced right now on RP shards which shows the lack of thought behind the whole idea.

2 Likes

I have yet to see an alliance dominated shard tbh, and i’ve been playing it since WM started.

Took me 5-6 hours to do dailies on my alliance main yesterday, while it took me less than 2 hours to do everything on a horde char.

On my alliance playing session i met like 15 other alliance at best. There was only hordies everywhere, in every blue WQ i go to there is 10+ hordies gang banging the mob, i wait for them to be done, it takes like 60 sec for the mob to respawn, and in those 60 seconds, 10 other hordies already gathered for it, it’s crazy how much they are.

i think that if there is any alliance dominated shard, it’s because people used the finder to group and farm rares on it, or atleast this is how it always happened from my POV.

The bonus says it all, it’s supposed to be given to the outnumbered faction, and the amount is based on how much that faction was outnumbered, with the cap being 30%, The bonus is between 20% and 25% for the alliance since ages now, at the start it reached even 30%.

1 Like

You play on Hyjal, we’re discussing the RP shards. So I’m not surprised you see the Horde outnumber you.

Ye but the prob is it was supposed to be one shard type so would not have mattered, but rp’ers whined, and blizz did a not ideal band aid as expected. Hope for better in next exp! :slight_smile:

So it’s the roleplayers fault that they wanted their RP community to not be filled with non roleplaying players? That makes them whiners does it? That forces Blizzard to rush through a band aid fix to solve the problem? Pardon for being blunt but, just how far up Blizzard’s rear end are you? You’ve clearly taken the view it’s the players fault because we’re such a bunch of whiners on this subject. :innocent:

Now if you want to post something constructive to the topic feel free.

Try to read the full post Vaëyn posted again, but slowly.

I did, try to keep up with the conversation and add a bit more substance to your post as you’re not really adding anything to the thread. :wink:

Would be good to know how many are actually role playing on WM RP shards. I bet it’s close to zero.

Pointless to separate the shard types. Put it back to one shard type. Easy fix because it’s just a roll back. RP’ers unaffected because no rp’ing in WM. Bonus is then fair because truly outnumbered get it. Fixed :slight_smile:

Thats very presumptuous, I wouldn’t mind that but there are those that create RP events specifically for warmode pvp so I wouldn’t want to step on anyone’s toes.

I know, and I have no data, just a guess. But, they could do those events WM off by flagging PvP on. If it’s even happening.

There are other reasons on top of it, like having that community feel rather then bumping in to randoms that makes you lose the immersion. Some people do stay IC in warmode, but I understand that’s the minority. It’s not my job to think up a answer to this dilemma, I’m just merely pointing out how unfair it is when the game strives for balance.

Well, this is a good place to vent!

Realistically nothing is likely to be changed in BfA. But maybe in Shadowlands. However, I can see Blizz just leaving bonus system as is.

IF they were to make a change… thinking about how Blizz are, I wonder if they would want the trouble of changing how bonus works on RP WM shards - because each solution I’ve seen has knock on consequences that then require solutions and so on.

Easier to just revert to one shard type! But then… forum fury from a vocal minority that prob don’t even RP in WM!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.