RP Shard where the Alliance dominate, outnumber the Horde and get all the bonuses

(Old thread got locked)

Just resubbed to the game after a few months off, I couldn’t see anywhere in the patch notes if this got fixed? So someone please enlighten me if it did.

I did however go to one of the new assaults in Uldum and it felt exactly like 8.2, where for every 1 Horde I’d see 10 alliance. Further more it appears as if they still get all them lovely underdog bonuses.

Now I know there are reasons for RP for why this happens, but I’m sure there is a better way of doing all of this then allowing the Alliance to have litterally a easy mode version of world-pvp, get all the cake and bloody eat it.

5 Likes

Good for you, its the polar opposite here for me :partying_face: :crazy_face:

You play on my server, you’re on my shard in pvp. The alliance clearly outnumber us in WM and you get the bonuses so I don’t see how it’s polar opposite. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

How have I not seen you yet then :stuck_out_tongue: yes we’re on the same realm, but no let me tell you firmly with experience. It doesn’t work like that, the only people even on horde side i see on my tag are out of WM or are the ones I can actually party up with 9/10 times I intentionally went out of my way to find my friends and the sharing doesn’t put you with explicitly rp phases by the feels of it after today.

I’m quite well known on the RP shard to wpvp, if the system has changed in 8.3 I’ll hold my hands up like I said in my OP.

If you think the Horde outnumber the Alliance on this RP shard previous to today then I don’t really know what to say to you? I’m sure there are other Horde and Alliance players that can confirm what you’re saying is wrong and in better detail than I could ever muster.

Everyone gets their own POV of it. :crazy_face: Unfortunatly you get to taste the true argent dawn ratio it would seem. But WM doesn’t explicitly confine us to just argent dawn. You realise this right surely? I could honestly record it or stream it to re-iterate how horde oriented most of my shards are, I’m still dreading to figure out how I am going to get the servant of n’zoth quest done :weary: given the few alliance I ever see.

It’s not just a POV, if you actively wpvp you’d know the Alliance outnumbers Horde on RP shards. It’s just common knowledge. Not only that but every server realm website highlights it too. It got to the point in Nazjatar that the Horde would never win a airdrop because of the sheer number of Alliance players.

I really don’t know what you’re smoking if you think it’s the other way around.

1 Like

Well it just goes to show you’re in a shard with more alliance than horde and im in a vice versa one, ive had cases where its gone both ways regardless. Most of my time in Mechagon infact was spent toggling Warmode off due to horde raids on the main camp even, like wise for most of my nazjatar’s. key word being most.

There’s more than one shard per realm type. Faction balance varies per shard and player distribution in the zone. But ye, RP shards are generally no Alliance or Horde when I am on em.

I play on RP Defias Brotherhood and I can confirm that for each horde in Uldum, there are like 5 aliance… And still they get the underdog bonus… Lame as fack!

2 Likes

If you truly feel that you are outnumbered, try playing horde, then you will realise how lucky alliance on RP realms have it

2 Likes

Fight me over it then, I’m not slaving and hunting around for my dailies in a raid sized party to fend off the horde which clearly have numbers advantage often than not in the shards I’m lumped into :^)

The only way you’d be in a Horde dominated shard is if you joined a non-rp shard through group finder or a rp group was made bringing in a raid.

P.S Chelvar is Human.

Yeah pretty depressing that most Alliance on argent dawn don’t realise how much the game is in their favour. Heck, one time a horde rogue vanished from about 5 of us and one of the allies had the audacity to call him a coward! How oblivious can they be? They need to shard RP realms with the general war mode populace. We can still have PVP (for rppvp events etc) on RP only shards by turning off war mode and toggling /pvp. But the alliance will kick up too much of a fuss for that because atm they are playing the game on easy mode. Oh and if that guy tries to claim war mode doesn’t have rp only shards he is wrong. https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/rp-servers-no-longer-sharded-together-in-wm/406963 blue post confirms. Alliance have the population advantage but still benefit from the EU wide war mode bonus. That’s the famous blizzard polish these days I guess.

1 Like

Don’t know what this Worgen is smoking but there is way more Alliance than Horde when you have WM on. Try doing any of the elite AP WQ’s as Horde and tell me different.

2 Likes

As an alliance player on AD I must agree with OP. There’s way more allys in WM and we shouldn’t be the ones recieving welfare gear when everything is like a walk in a park. Make the % bonus reward server based and not region!

2 Likes

I don’t know either to be honest, it’s clearly obvious the state warmode is in on the RP shards.

Realm or shard based bonus is bad idea, will not help region imbalance at all.

But it’s fine that RP shards are locked together when the bonus should be the other way round? The system is imbalanced right now on RP shards which shows the lack of thought behind the whole idea.

2 Likes

I have yet to see an alliance dominated shard tbh, and i’ve been playing it since WM started.

Took me 5-6 hours to do dailies on my alliance main yesterday, while it took me less than 2 hours to do everything on a horde char.

On my alliance playing session i met like 15 other alliance at best. There was only hordies everywhere, in every blue WQ i go to there is 10+ hordies gang banging the mob, i wait for them to be done, it takes like 60 sec for the mob to respawn, and in those 60 seconds, 10 other hordies already gathered for it, it’s crazy how much they are.

i think that if there is any alliance dominated shard, it’s because people used the finder to group and farm rares on it, or atleast this is how it always happened from my POV.

The bonus says it all, it’s supposed to be given to the outnumbered faction, and the amount is based on how much that faction was outnumbered, with the cap being 30%, The bonus is between 20% and 25% for the alliance since ages now, at the start it reached even 30%.

1 Like