RP Sharding Balance Issues

Why is the RP WM sharding so scuffed? I don’t mind being the underdog although the Alliance having free extra % WM rewards for outnumbering Horde (on RP sharding) is very backwards.

Best case fix is to remove specific RP sharding which in turn will bring the Alliance mass (looking at you AD) back into the normal sharding standard and result in more alliance to “help” the outnumbered EU alliance players, granted this won’t fix the EU imbalance problem but the extra % WM rewards will be justified.

Or an alternative “resolution” is to reward the Horde on RP servers with the extra % WM rewards for being outnumbered which hopefully entices those who do not wish to participate.

Do we have any blue response into this issue? It looks like it’s been ongoing for a long time already.

18 Likes

I agree. Need forum fury though, and demands this happen. The single shard type WM would then have a larger pool of players, and the shard manager would have a slightly easier time balancing shards. I only see benefits! This was how War Mode was intended to be.

I prefer the one shard type solution, simply because I feel Blizz would be more likely to do this roll back solution than the others I’ve seen, which all have knock on consequences that would require more solutions and so on.

Have you tried making a pre-made group like everyone else seems to do? Its a very good way to even or infact turn the tide of the “RP realm” shard into your favor.

2 Likes

Yeah no. I understand that you want to have your cake and eat it too, but that’s just silly. We don’t need a clunky workaround - we need a fix. You outnumber another faction - you don’t get the bonus. You want the bonus - prepare to be an underdog. It’s that simple. “But here’s a screenshot I have of a raid of!..” No. That’s an anecdotal evidence. We’re speaking about general experience.

4 Likes

Well you don’t get to have your cake and eat it too either, the RP shard is not its own thing. You can freely pull people in from other realms to your hearts content, not only that but shards are simply unbalanced from the get go anyway–whether it be the shard is a dead map or its really one sided like heck. Take it from me, someone who actively played both sides before sharding even existed the sharding problem fixes itself in most cases cause people refuse to play solo and group or raid party things. No matter how many horde posts I see, I’ll never live down the fact the horde statistically out populate the alliance on EU.

I will never find the sympathy needed for horde players who refuse to do what the rest do on RP shards and form raids to take advantage of the huge horde population which play in WM. :partying_face:

2 Likes

Okay, let’s make it simple. One more time.

1. There is an rp shard.
  2. The shard is overpopulated by alliance.
  3. The bonus is intended for an underdog.

“Just form a group lol” - the SYSTEM is broken. It’s not about “I’m getting ganked and don’t know what to do” - it’s about fixing what was clearly not intended. Before the “underdog bonus” non-rp horde sang the same song. “Just form a group - a shard can hold only so much people anyway lol”. Blizzard decided that that wasn’t enough. They wanted to encourage participation of the underdog.

Let me be real here - bonuses for pvp is a mistake in my opinion. The bonus for participating in wpvp is wpvp itself. Maybe pvp skills on top of that. That’s it. BUT the bonus system is there and I want for it to be fair or to be gone.

Edit: and yeah, let’s pretend every horde player takes your advise to heart and joins a party of the non-rp hordies everytime - what’s the point of the rp shard split then? Let’s merge it together with the main shard as proposed by OP, skip the middleman. Problem solved.

3 Likes

There’s multiple RP shards.

Each shard has variable balance depending on a bunch of factors. But with lower participation RP WM, I think imbalance must be more noticeable than normal WM shards.

The extra bonus is to increase outnumbered in the region, not RP/normal. Better region balance means shard manager has an easier time. After all, although RP WM is separated by default, in reality via cross realm groups - which are probably main cause of imbalance, the pool of players for WM shards is always potentially region based.

Maybe. But it increases participation which is good for shard balancing. On RP shards you are seeing what low participation looks like, perhaps more extreme imbalance than the more populous normal shards.

I agree, but War Mode is PvE+PvP, as PvP realms where before BfA. So a bonus to encourage participation seems reasonable.

Fairest solution with least consequences is one shard type, as was originally intended for WM.

Already on board, sign me up.

Players can make a difference, but only if enough of them sign up!

It would require forum fury but combined with demanding single shard types as the solution.

Look at the US Classic forum and see the Spy threads last year. That got Spy nerfed on Classic.

Unfortunately, enough have to care, and it’s gonna be the minority RP Horde that would have to get this done.

But ye never know!

Have you tried making a pre-made group like everyone else seems to do? Its a very good way to even or infact turn the tide of the “RP realm” shard into your favor.

Yep - that always works for me - even on my own RP WM shard :slight_smile: Never had a problem completing any of the weekly PVP quests (kill X Alliance in ). Also- forming a group is super fast - when you add “plenty of alliance around” to the description :wink:

1 Like

Since RP realms get sharded with RP realms, RP realms should have their own Enlist bonus!
I understand that a lot you suggest making groups and sure that works fine to rid of some camping enemies. But you can’t constantly be in a group!
I have been attacked in Vale and Uldum almost everytime I’m there. I dont mind being outnumbered in WM its fine. However when the enemy faction outnumbers me in the Shard “ALL” the time and still gets a bonus while doing so is TERRIBLE!

the only way to fix it is Vaëyn’s idea - merge the warmode shards and keep the non warmode shards separate, either that or give the bonus to the horde who originate on RP realms on warmode shards if they wanna keep the RP and normal shards separate

I agree! Return War Mode to one shard type

I presume the sharding is different between rp and non rp-realms due to the what were they called, policies, rules? I know whatever they were are still enforced–well atleast theres vids of it being enforced on people like Sodapoppin and such + at the time it was highly in demand (and probably still is) by the players on said RP realms, for the sake of RP.

• sharding is scuffed enough as it is RN. If you’re in WM you can basically guarantee you have to party to see friends in game 9/10 times

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.