RSham 2H staff or 1H+Shield?

Hello, main Prevoker here who has decided to alt RSham. I just had a 2H staff drop. My gear is super low, should i use the 2H staff over my current staff and shield? It seems weird to me for a shaman not to have a shield. The ilvl differance is about 10lvls. Cheers in advance.

Unless you are pvping yes go for the staff.

They offer the same stats at equal ilvl, and the only advantage of a 1H & Shield combo, is the extra armor. In pvp this is pretty impactful, but for pve there is only a handful of times you are gonna get hit by physical damage (although your BiS should probably be shield + 1H).

2 Likes

Pve = doesn’t matter its just stat sticks in retail today.
PvP = use shield for extra armor.

2 Likes

Thanks guys I will use the 2H for now.

I just use whatever gives me more stats. Last season I’ve timed all 20’s on both weeks using 2h staff. This season I got lucky with 1h+shield, and I wouldn’t say all of the sudden m+ is much easier because of it. Maybe some mechanics that does phys dmg feels a bit easier.

Generally, the 1h and shield combo is better under equal ilvl unless there is a special effect on the items.
But, personally, i refuse to use staves. I love the extra armor from the shield too much. Looks cool too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.