Same faction battlegrounds -- e.g. Horde vs Horde - like RBGs

i agree
#1 Free Faction xfer horde to alliance Only
#2 Make all racials like talents where you can respec racial for gold (all racials)

Fixed

When it comes to the amount of alliance you see in general when queueing for a battleground vs. the Horde vs Horde (RBG style) system as Horde, what you’re saying is true - but this doesn’t mean the amount of alliance queueing will be any more or less.

But this comes with the cons of morphing your characters race, which I do not agree on personally. If I had the option to wait 1.5 hours for a queue or have to be a gnome in a battleground I would actually rather be the gnome, but I’d most certainly rather go against my own faction and have the same result - I chose the race I want my character to be afterall!

It would hurt a lot of people I guess, and It will hurt even more when you have to go back to Horde in WOTLK and lose all that progression again

I can see why you’d think this, this is why I suggested it could be a togglable option for those who want to experience Alliance vs Horde BGs only.

Completely agree, waiting for others to move just wont happen, and a lot of these people would rather sit in crazy long queues instead of losing everything and starting over (just for the same thing to happen again in the future)

I think this is probably what Blizzard would do, although it has a lot of negatives as well as positives, some being:

• It’s not possible to do unless you move your entire list of characters to the other faction because of TBC limitations
  • It could completely change the economy or community of the opposing side
  • They’ll have to do this again in WOTLK
  • How would they control this? What if majority horde do not choose to transfer, what if majority horde do choose to transfer? Then there’s still imbalance, I’m sure it would help either way but these are things to consider.

I can see why you would want this for balance, but this has game-wide implications and doesn’t do what you think it would do, some being:

• Some classes will unlock racials they could of never had before (E.g. Mage and War Stomp)
  • They’re not really “Racials” anymore so races lose flavour

When you talk about progression, what exacly do you mean?

I thought the reputation followed you to the other faction? only you got the alliance version of it, no?

They mean they had to completely reroll and make a new character

Ah, thought we wwere talking about faction change.

Had farmed 75k honor in prepatch also got epic mount on horde side. Well all that stuff is still there, but not interested doing the BG farm with those queues. Been farming more than a week now on alliance side and done 38k honor now here, got some way to go before I even have what I farmed in prepatch on horde side, so don’t know if it really was worth it. Alliance loses so much on solo queues.

1 Like

What realm are you both on at the moment?

Horde Earthshaker and this on Mirage Raceway

Quick question, do you think that the ally solution to being farmed is to reroll the pve server?

If yes, then could you scratch the “leaving friemds behind”? Thats the same for both sides

Not really, but if you chose a PvP server and had no intention to engage in WPVP at all then I’d advise them to move to PvE server or a more balanced PvP server since they have the option to do so with the cash shop.

That would be my current advised “solution” other than brainstorming ideas on how Blizzard increase alliance population that isn’t massively game-breaking and posting them to the forums for feedback

I think one solution is asking for horde BG queues to be fixed, this will reduce the amount of Hordes farming Alliance in WPVP atm

But they want pvp, they just dont want to get fatmed everywhere 10v1, thats not the same

Btw, is leaving friends behind not a problem here?

If what you mean here is “They want WPVP, they don’t want to have a 10/1 H/A ratio in WPVP” then I can totally understand that, so as I said above the current and only solution that they can do out of their own hands is to server change or post ideas on the forums.

The downside to them changing realm however is exactly what you said, leaving friends behind, and again I think one thing that will stop huge WPVP ganking would be to fix horde BG queues, however that won’t change the 10:1 ratio you’re talking about.

I’d hate to be an alliance on a 10:1 server, because then I’d more than likely change server and lose some of my friends there, and all that does then is make it even more horde populated so even though its a solution for you (with a negative being leaving friends) it makes it even more of a dead realm

Feelsgoodman clap

All you supporters of this go back to Retail.

Cool now give alliance solution to their pve side and their own problems to find players to do pve content. We also dont want to wait 5 hours to find group for normal Ramparts.

Introducing server transfer, a current solution for the problem you’re facing

Jokes aside, I’m aware faction imbalance is a huge problem, but this is a current solution that actually works for you

Oh really and how?

nah, pve is just fine
pvp is just unexistent and it needs fixing

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.