Testing Same-Faction Battlegrounds in Burning Crusade Classic

Hello, Battleground enthusiasts!

As soon as we saw Battleground queue times go way up a few weeks ago, we got to work on our options for addressing the situation. They’ve all been discussed here and elsewhere, as you know, and in addition to following your discussions closely, we looked at game history and data. What was most evident from all of your feedback was: players want to continue to play on their chosen side of the faction conflict, players don’t want to wait in long queues for BGs, and players don’t want a highly convoluted mechanism for getting into a BG.

To solve those issues as best we can, we’ve been internally testing a configuration where the War Games system is used to bring about Horde vs. Horde or Alliance vs. Alliance Battlegrounds from the regular queue, and we’re ready to test it in the live game. Here’s the plan:

• Starting tomorrow (Friday, July 2), we’re going to enable same-faction Battlegrounds.
  • You’ll queue for BGs as usual, and the matchmaker will first try to make an opposite-faction match for you.
  • If an opposite-faction match cannot be quickly made, you’ll be matched against a team from your faction.
  • Rewards such as Honor and Reputation will be assigned as usual.

We’ve been thinking of these like military training exercises, and to help get that feeling across in-game, we’re testing putting masks and tabards on the team playing out of the enemy faction’s base.

Please note that same-faction play won’t be available for Alterac Valley, which was never hooked up for War Games and would be particularly awkward for the team that found themselves fighting alongside a great number of enemy NPCs.

We’ll follow the action closely throughout the weekend, and with scheduled maintenance next week (July 7 in this region), we’re going to return the matchmaker to its regular configuration and analyze what happened.

When same-faction play goes live tomorrow, we’ll open a new feedback thread in this forum. After you’ve played some BGs, please come to that new thread and let us know how it went.

Thank you!

155 Likes

Well, we’ll see how the whiners like this.

btw, what does “If an opposite-faction match cannot be quickly made” actually mean game time wise?

2 Likes

Player created issue i told you guys.

8 Likes

There you go.
Everyone is happy.

:grin:

8 Likes

Horrible idea. So you want everyone to finally switch to Horde since only advantage of playing the Alliance is gone.

107 Likes

Shh, i’m not meta slave and neither PvP restrinction slave

hmm…i said it they will make changes xD
It was to be expected.

1 Like

Alright horde, it’s time for the alliance to cry on the forums for the next 2 months and it’s time for horde to troll them 24/7, oh wait we actually don’t have no lifers who got nothing to do but to troll on the forums

10 Likes

Don’t care TBC is poop. But this is a weird change. Have you considered fixing racials or anything like that? They’re obviously clearly better for Horde in both Classic and TBC? I guess this is an easier “fix”, but it’s just weird. Horde players running around with alliance tabards and masks? What the heck is that? Do you AT ALL care about the game’s integrity? Oh wait you clearly don’t because you chose to put a level boost and store mount for short term profit in TBC.

61 Likes

THANK YOU! sips alliance salty tears

22 Likes

It is now our turn to whine and cry like the biggest babies you have ever seen to find a proper solution to the ganking of Alliance in the over world.

My proposal is to give all Horde players who attack a low levelled Alliance a debuff similiar to resurrection sickness.

Edit: and just to make myself clear - I am happy for you all. But you didn’t make yourself look mature nor fabulous whilst asking for a solution. Just jabbing at you for the way some of y’all behaved. Same goes for all the Alliance babies.

8 Likes

Yes Blizzard, thank you kindly.

Bitter ‘JuSTreROll AllY’ posters absolutely wrecked.

23 Likes

No , Re-Roll Hord3 , or PVE server :wink:

1 Like

THANK YOU VERY MUCH MISTER BLIZZARD !!! <3

yes

15 Likes

I would laugh at whiners. you get what you are given. this should address it but is it enough I wonder? theres got to be a silver lining to it

Nah, ban them from joining a BG for a day.

1 Like

About time, maybe my friends will return to the game now.

5 Likes

Nice, LFR when?

7 Likes

THANK YOU!
I was really starting to think you guys weren’t listening, but I’m happy to be proven wrong.
THANK YOU!

6 Likes

I want to see every alliance reroll horde now, as they claimed theyd do :slight_smile: Welcome!

5 Likes