Sapphire Skyblazer - woes of a monthly subscription

Hello everyone,

Apologies, this is going to come across a little ranty and grumbly, but I promise it’s mainly because I’m hungry and today has been a tough one at work :stuck_out_tongue:

Now, I want to know what the thoughts are about this 6 month mount thing that keeps happening and why it’s restricted only to that sub?

I’ve played this game since the end of TBC, essentially pre-patch WOTLK where I ditched my Paladin and made myself a DK in excitement. Between moving countries and having to get a new Australian licence and back again to a new account yet still, I’ve played this game solidly for over a decade, each month paying the subscription.

One of those months I used a token because I was poor but other than that, I have paid every month with minor gaps here and there. It’s a lot of wumpa!

I know why the mount is on a 6 month sub, its very clear but I’d like to hear thoughts on what can be said for us monthly folk? We pay more, our fault I know, but we pay nonetheless and it feels a bit jarring knowing becuase of the way I choose to pay, affects whether I get the new shiny star chicken that flies around…

I agree, these mounts should be automatically added to every account that has been subbed for 6 months straight, no matter how it was paid.

But they use these promotions to get people subbed in advance, to make sure that they secure revenue.

4 Likes

Just an idea here but what about if they give people who’ve subbed 6 months consecutively the mount as well - but - only after the 6 month have passed. So you’d be one mount behind on the people who pay for 6 upfront. That should work right?

5 Likes

It wouldn’t work, because It’s not only 6 months, you also need to have a current sub.

If you sub 6 months, then cancel, you don’t get the mount.

1 Like

easy money from idiots is what keeps this game ‘alive’

1 Like

Us monthly p(l)ayers are more likely to take breaks when we get bored whereas the 6 monthers will often feel more compelled to log in so as to not “waste money” so to speak. People who log consistently keep the numbers the shareholders want to see high and thus it’s in Blizzard’s interest to keep them appeased.

7 Likes

I used a lot of in game gold to buy it .

Yeppers and its the same sa… er credit card warriors that keep falling for it over and over again. That is of course up to them, its their money but yet another reason why Blizzard don’t feel they have to make more effort with the game.

I don’t defend Blizzard usually but what is the problem here?
They are already handing it for free for people that sub for 6 months and if you aren’t eligible who cares? Just spend 250k x2 and buy WoW tokens. 500K is not a lot of gold at all, especially not when you look at the advanced particles and animations on this mount.

2 Likes

Lol, I don’t care about mounts full stop, I happen to think its rather silly that people who already have 200+ constantly salivate over a few sparkly pixels. Its not like the mount is an actual status symbol of something achieved within the game.

I got 6 month sub a couple days before this went live, opened a ticket to see if they would by any chance honor it since I was only a little early.

They just resolved the ticket with no response.

Do you blame them?
They are just sick of people who can’t read. They probably get a ton of people like you. The store page clearly says that if you are on a rolling 6 month sub you will automatically get the mount in your gift section on battle.net.

its a smart way to keep whales subbed.

there is certain crowd - i would safely estimate it around 500 000 players who will be subbed forver no matter what.

lets face it - 11 euro a month is nothing for your regular working adoults in west - those people most likely dont even pay attention to that

its not aimed at people who come and go - but at those who stay .

and its smart move - especially now that they started to add legacy items to it.

just wait for more tgc stuff to land there in incoming months/years.

I don’t know when this became live as I’ve been away but it was waiting for me as a gift on the app when I got back yesterday. I have a rolling 6 month sub which last renewed in April so. It does tell you this … so I hope it appears soon.

1 Like

best idea. Make it happen

2 Likes

Yeah the Imp ball was available pretty quickly but the mount only just came through a few minutes ago. Just odd that they became available at different times. Thanks for the heads up though!

Still not really an excuse to ignore tickets. A simple “Hey, we can see you’ve recieved the imp but the mount will be awarded seperately” would have been nice.

right, but you are the higher risk. you might only be playing/paying for one month and then never touch the game again or take long breaks, whereas people with a 6 month sub potentially stick around longer and are a secure income for at least 6 months.

isnt everyone with an active 6 month sub eligible? if you get a 6 month sub while the offer stands you should get it for free.

so it shouldnt matter when you got your sub as long as its within the period of time of the offer.

It’s called being addicted…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.