Sargeras noob question

It is stated that Sargeras created an avatar with a portion of his own soul. This Sargeras fought Aegwyn and ultimately this portion of soul was send into the Twisting Nether. Later in Legion the avatar was dug up and became a soulless construct named the Fallen Avatar which was also defeated.

Does this mean that at some point there we’re two Sargerasses? Or in either case two beings thinking similar like Sargeras? I’m asking this because in many other stories, also outside of Wow, people use avatars, souls, spirits, essences, ghosts or whatever to note that some characters simply never die because of this soul separation.

2 Likes

There is not much I know on the topic (or in general) so I can only try to make some sort of explanation out of a few lines I’m aware of.

Sargeras was possessing Medivh. Which is the same soul fragment as the one related to the avatar.

Another story bit is from a roundabout source, which is the tweet from S. Copeland who supposed to keep track of the lore of Warcraft for consistency, etc. (how good is the result - I’ll leave everyone to decide for themselves):

"@Loreology Is Kil’jaden fully loyal to Sargeras, or is he trying to take over the Legion? "

“Loyal to the Legion. Sargeras went MIA after the death of Medivh, he’s running things in his place.”

Currently you can find the source on https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Blizzard_lore_posts#SeanCopeland

This statement means that whatever was done to Medivh/Sargeras combo (killed by a runeblade) was enough to knock Sargeras out of action for a while.

To me it looks as if it either backfired rather badly, or that “fragment” of Sargeras’s soul could’ve been just a method to supress his power so that his presence would not be too obvious for some reason.

gl hf

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.