Save RPPVP, open free transfers to Zandalar Tribe

Hello there Blizzard :wave: ,

It’s been recently announced that you’ll will be merging some low populated servers with other various servers… and in most situations it does make sense. If you have an abundance of PVP servers where a handful are too low populated to justify keeping it, it makes sense to merge those servers with others.

PVP players can continue playing on PVP servers. :+1:
RP players can continue playing on an RP server. :+1:

And that’s essentially the crux of my argument.

Amongst the selected servers to disappear is Zandalar Tribe (RPPVP). We’re a small community that has tons of fun every week. We also raid ZA and Kara every week since March/April. After the merge in August, it would appear RPPVP servers will cease to exist in classic… forever :sob: .

We don’t have another RPPVP server to join…

I can speak for others and myself in saying that, we specifically chose to play on an RPPVP server, and there is a reason why we refused taking the free character transfer.

WE LOVE RPPVP SERVERS

Why? Well, this is my opinion… RPPVP isn’t just a tag. It attracts a special group of people who enjoy both the RP side of the game with the thrill of PVP.

Our community is currently split on either choosing a PVP server or an RP server to transfer to. :face_exhaling:

Blizzard, please reconsider removing RPPVP servers. WOTLK is around the corner and if we’re already having so much fun with a low population, it’ll only get better in WOTLK.

Please close transfers from Zandalar Tribe and please open transfers to Zandalar Tribe for both factions.

Thanks for reading.

44 Likes

I completely agree, not having the option of a RPPvP Server and a RP Server is just stupid. Just have one of each. Make people happy.

6 Likes

Question is how many people even want rppvp or rp servers.
In early tbc, both ZT and HW pretty healthy, medium populated and balanced and people just abandoned them. I would say interest for any RP server is pretty low and there are slim chances to get them.

1 Like

You can play on normal server with PVP on. Problem solved.

2 Likes

Us role-players are a different breed from the rest! we have servers dedicated to the lore and RP playstyle that WoW can offer. the moment you take this away ( mainly the RPPVP for Zandalar Tribe but ofc other servers as well ) and put us on another pvp server I feel like we will be separated from the rest of the server or have to “dumb down” our play style which will then make it less fun for us. we have proven since TBC started to die that we can keep our servers alive and active. Gets on knees PLEASE GREAT DEVS! DON’T DESTROY OUR HOMELAND!

in response to Tevura - There is more to it then just moving to a pvp server my friend and here lies my point…others players who don’t RP just dont understand…it’s all about numbers and points to them rather then enjoying the game to the fullest.

Reksy out.

3 Likes

No no. You can move to NORMAL RP server with RP people and toggle PVP on indefinitely, that has always been an option on normal servers.
You would share servers with regular RP people who dont want to pvp, atleast not always.
I personally see it as a win-win.
Both RP groups get more people on the server and the “normies” dont get shocked by your E-rpg stuff. :wink:

1 Like

Exactly! who wants toggle? its pvp or not!!

2 Likes

I don’t really agree with your opinion.

What we do know is that in general many players have quit the game for a variety of different reasons. It would be more accurate to say that there is a lower interest in general in WoW which has been affecting all types of servers.

And thus in my opinion, the server types less in quantity (RP, RPPVP) servers have a high chance to be affected first.

This isn’t really an argument. Why make the difference between PVE, Normal and PVP servers then if one could simply turn PVP on?

I’m glad you see this as a win-win on a normal RP server, but that’s not what we’re looking for. We want the best of both worlds from RP and PVP. Otherwise, we would have just joined a normal RP server.

4 Likes

Save Celebras and Zandalari Tribe!

5 Likes

But you have to accept the reality here, its not about your wishes.
There is not enough people so what is the next best solution…?
Im not trying to be mean, but i know you pvp’ers with RP backround get into your role a bit too much… :wink:

1 Like

I don’t really understand what point you’re trying to make with this. This game is about a communities wishes to continue playing on an RPPVP server.

The forum is literally a platform allowing us the players to give feedback to Blizzard. Sometime they listen and sometimes they don’t.

Why shouldn’t we try and get our point across?

1. Stop free transfers from Zandalar Tribe
  2. Open free tranfers to Zandalar Tribe for Alliance and Horde
5 Likes

I Agree With You.

3 Likes

Couldn’t agree more!
Instead of overcrowding servers, let people move to less populated ones. This is what balance means.

3 Likes

I see what you mean, but this is a computer RPG. We are playing this mmoRPG on a very specifc platform Blizzard has encouraged us to play on. We are doing this and now Blizzard has decided to take it away from us. This is the core issue for us.

Diversity is good for the community!

6 Likes

There have been RP PVP servers for years, why remove them now, in Classic 2.0 right before the pinnacle of WoW’s history and lore, the WOTLK? At least leave/make one server for RP Pvpers. Activision Blizzard has the resources for at least 1 and should show they care about the diversity of players. This is not a new game or even a new version of WoW. Blizzard will just alienate the existing community on those server(s) by removing it now. It should’ve been done before Classic 2.0 launched but now that there is a community, it should be respected. The whole point of Classic 2.0 was to don the rose-tinted nostalgia goggles once again without major changes.

I don’t personally play on RP/RPPVP servers but I have friends who do. They went on that server to find like-minded players to build a good community and I understand when I see how players behave on bigger servers like Firemaw, it’s mostly everyone for themselves sadly. It’d be sad to see that community, even if small, die off.

7 Likes

I am not trying to make your wish smaler but the question came up regulary during the discussion about which of the RP Servers should stay and so I got really curious on why it is not acceptable to just go on an PvE Server and let PvP Flag on all the time.

As to put out hand I will first try to answer and explain the question why not just acceptable it is to go with the other RPler from Celebras on HW.
While we would definataly overrun the server and so would be more germans then english speakers, it would still feel wrong. Like an exil and rude to stay to ourselves if we speak a language the other side may not be able to understand. While in RP we could at least explain if we are merely not able to speak common/orcish well this fell short if we meet another person of our race. Then we would likely get no newcommers as german newbies would not think of joining an english rp server. So languagebarrier is a real problem for us.

Can you know explain me why it would be a real problem to just continue with PvP on on HW?

I Agree With You.

2 Likes

Then why even have PVP servers at all? Let’s just make all servers PVE with the option to turn PVP on or off?

We all have our preferences on how we want to play WoW. Some people like the peaceful life while on the adventure others like the constant thrill of death looming just around the corner.

The PVP toggle on and off, is an easy way out of a difficult situation. Just because I choose to have it on, doesn’t mean the alliance will also have it on. They may wait till things are in their favor before attacking… That’s not how WPVP should be…

You could argue that we could have “organised WPVP” but that’s unnatural and frankly not as. exciting. I could just join a BG to experience organised PVP.

I want the thrill of being attacked at any moment in the outdoors. That’s what the PVP tag means but there may also be moments where I’d like to RP with a deadly alliance infront of me.

I like to have all my options available to me, not pick between either PVP or RP.

3 Likes

If only one can survive I would be for it as it allows for all the remaining people to have the most options.

If you experienced something different, lucky you. For me it has always been this.

Both are still viable with PvP tag on.

From my experience you still have them on a PvE RP Server.

I think I at least get you a little more as a friend once said most immersive are RP-PvP servers as just like in RL you could always get attacked. Though from my opinion if only one Server could still stand it should be the PvE Server as on those you still have the option of not to do PvP and even more important not get sabotated.

I still hope your server will stand for preserving this unique climate.

2 Likes

12 English speaking Horde wants it according to Ironforge.pro and 30A / 31H German speaking players wants it. So atleast 73ppl…