Scaling in dungeons is broken

A level 11 mage just did 4 times more DPS than a 49 hunter. It’s so stupid. The fantasy that higher level = stronger is completely gone and I hate it sooo so much. You need to go back to the drawing board. Also the mobs die super slow. How could you let this go through? Dungeons are boring now.

And this AoE cap? It feels like you want to make the game less fun. Are you having new interns there now or wtf is happening? So much stupid decisions. I’m really scared for the future of WoW.

12 Likes

Why is this an issue? You want the level 11 to do less damage and so dungeons take longer?

I don’t understand the complaint.

3 Likes

It’s not like you’re going to stay level 11 for very long.

2 Likes

Why even queue people together with so many levels apart is my question. Now that leveling is faster (still too fast, but that’s another topic) and more fun there will be more players in the pool and more players interested doing dungeons. No need to scale it like this. This is stupid… and boring… and will lead to players not wanting to play dungeons at all while leveling. I can’t be the only one that think this takes away the enjoyment with dungeons.

1 Like

Scaling is bad.

Scaling is always bad.

In all circumstances.

That is all.

10 Likes

10 Likes

Some dungeons are scaled weirdly, I’ll grant you that, but how else would this system work? Putting people of different levels together also makes the queues faster, so that’s another advantage.

To tell you the truth I don’t understand why the damage in levelling dungeons matters. As long as Blizzard makes sure the end game is levelled I don’t see a problem with levelling being a little bit broken.

5 Likes

That is. I experienced it the other way around, though.
Don’t have a dps meter but it was clear that while it takes me 10-20 seconds to kill a creature, they two shotted them while running.
I wonder how much gear matters.

I prefer this pace.

I think the challenge is that higher levels are expected more complex rotations and utilities, so individual spells are less impactful. For example, as a frost mage in the outside world, you start out with Frostbolt and supposed to kill with 3-4 shots. Then you get Frost Nova to freeze, then on top of that a shield to absorb damage (more important in Classic when pushback was significant).

That explains how i maintain aggro & top dps on my lvl 10 warrior by autoattacking

1 Like

I try to turn off recount/details while leveling because scaling makes it super depressing, lol.

Honestly though i much prefer this over what we had before, its not that big of a deal while leveling.

4 Likes

Sometimes faster queue times are not worth the sacrifice. This is really bad.

1 Like

Are you that worried about being top of the meters in leveling content? I’m personally happier with the larger player pool and shorter queue times myself.

8 Likes

1-49 where the dungeons dont matter, no it really is not.

Otherwise at some levels you’ll be stuck waiting 1 hour + for a dungeon.

1 Like

The only thing that matters is MAX level.

1-49 are a tutorial. They really DO NOT MATTER.

5 Likes

yeah its really bad. tanks sometimes take tons of damage and i cant even keep up with the healing. the damage for dps seems to drop off and fall down a cliff once you hit level 40+. when a level 45-49 dps can be outdamaged by a level 15 healer then yeah…thats not good.

9 Likes

they do matter. like you said, they re the tutorial of the game. if the tutorial of a game sucks, i ll be annoyed and it will most likely make me stop playing.

this is why the scaling needs fixing in dungeons.

4 Likes

Why…? Leveling is probably less than 10% of the game experience and people who are new to the game aren’t going to be using a damage meter anyway so they wont notice.

It literally only matters to people who’ll probably level to cap within a matter of a couple days.

The only part of scaling thats a problem is Is the threat/heal/tank triangle, because everyone notices that.

Damage does not matter. The leveling experience does, but damage does not.

Again, damage is not balanced for 1-49, it is balanced for end game. Why do you care who does more damage in a dungeon pre 50??

1 Like

I have noticed the same problem. It’s not just in dungeons but also when questing. You get weaker by every ding. With same quality gear.

We should not get WEAKER when we get higher level. I understand with scaling it’s impossible to come stronger either, but at least minimum we should not get weaker. It makes dinging feel bad not good.

9 Likes

It wouldn’t matter in an ideal world were everyone is nice.

But the reality is that people kick you from the dungeon group if you underperform. And the way scaling is currently makes you deal less dmg than the healer and the tank when you’re close to lvl 50.

The reality is that you slow everyone down by doing dungeons at a high level. This just shouldn’t be the case.

1 Like