Scaling in dungeons is broken

Are you that worried about being top of the meters in leveling content? I’m personally happier with the larger player pool and shorter queue times myself.

8 Likes

1-49 where the dungeons dont matter, no it really is not.

Otherwise at some levels you’ll be stuck waiting 1 hour + for a dungeon.

1 Like

The only thing that matters is MAX level.

1-49 are a tutorial. They really DO NOT MATTER.

5 Likes

yeah its really bad. tanks sometimes take tons of damage and i cant even keep up with the healing. the damage for dps seems to drop off and fall down a cliff once you hit level 40+. when a level 45-49 dps can be outdamaged by a level 15 healer then yeah…thats not good.

9 Likes

they do matter. like you said, they re the tutorial of the game. if the tutorial of a game sucks, i ll be annoyed and it will most likely make me stop playing.

this is why the scaling needs fixing in dungeons.

4 Likes

Why…? Leveling is probably less than 10% of the game experience and people who are new to the game aren’t going to be using a damage meter anyway so they wont notice.

It literally only matters to people who’ll probably level to cap within a matter of a couple days.

The only part of scaling thats a problem is Is the threat/heal/tank triangle, because everyone notices that.

Damage does not matter. The leveling experience does, but damage does not.

Again, damage is not balanced for 1-49, it is balanced for end game. Why do you care who does more damage in a dungeon pre 50??

1 Like

I have noticed the same problem. It’s not just in dungeons but also when questing. You get weaker by every ding. With same quality gear.

We should not get WEAKER when we get higher level. I understand with scaling it’s impossible to come stronger either, but at least minimum we should not get weaker. It makes dinging feel bad not good.

9 Likes

It wouldn’t matter in an ideal world were everyone is nice.

But the reality is that people kick you from the dungeon group if you underperform. And the way scaling is currently makes you deal less dmg than the healer and the tank when you’re close to lvl 50.

The reality is that you slow everyone down by doing dungeons at a high level. This just shouldn’t be the case.

1 Like

damage does matter. it matters because theres a difference if you take 20 minutes per dungeon or 40.

as a healer main, i dont care who does more damage in a dungeon. i care about the overall performance, which is abysmal. its not about damage done, its also about damage taken etc. there are more problems than just one. dps were just an example.

they could just tune it differently for the 10-49 dungeons because right now its a disaster.

6 Likes

Erm, dungeons are super quick right now?? so it doesn’t matter who does damage, damage is high at the moment.

yeeaaaah no. it highly depends on what level ranges are in your group.

2 Likes

Yeah. If your a DPS.

Welcome to how it is for everyone that is that role in LFD.

Yeah, no. Ive leveled 3 chars from 1-50 and right now dungeons are faster at every level than they have ever been, i’ve done all expansions.

Honestly, people on the general forums over the last week are just finding any miniscule thing to moan about.

Which is evident by people complaining leveling is too fast, leveling is too slow, dungeons take too long, dungeons are too easy etc etc.

1 Like

That happends every single pre-patch, major content patch or expansion. Thats just the community being vocal af as usual.

i am leveling characters as well via dungeons, always have, and my experience vastly differs from yours, so what now?

6 Likes

7 Likes

Vocal is fine, but it’s the inconsistency of peoples complaints.

I can imagine blizzard are probably scratching their heads trying to determine what the actual issue is…

While I personally do not mind the DPS difference at all, it does bring some extraordinary toxicity to dungeons. Like level 11 tanks pulling the whole dungeons, calling level 30-something healers noobs for not being able to keep up, because they just ran with a lowlevel (or 49/50 healer) and did fine.

Or healer raging at midlevel tanks because they do not perform as OP as the lowlevel or endgame tank :thinking:

3 Likes

yeah, i have seen people wanting to kick others because they were “afk” or just “auto attacking” since they didnt see them on a decent level on their damage metre although the person in question was there and using spells/doing normal dps stuff and wasnt afk at all. :frowning:

2 Likes