Scaling in raids - where is the breakpoints?

So im raiding on the flexible levels of raiding with other words N, and HC. Im making a raid team but need to know where it scales up and down whats the breakpoints is. I have serched on google and the only thing I could find was on wowpedia where there stands its 11, 14, 23 and 30. Where one of my friends says it had been 10, 15, 20, 25 and 30. I have tried search on wowhead too but only thing I could find was that it was changed back in MoP.

So is there someone here who can help me find the answer?

I don’t believe there are any specific breakpoints. The bosses just gain an extra amount of health for every additional raid member.

There are no breakpoints. They are scaled to 10 minimum and after that it scales up with each new player entering the raid.

There definitely are breakpoints for mechanics. If you do Sludgefist with 10 people you’ll have less chains to deal with than with 30 people for example.

It’s really important to have scaling mechanics because if you don’t you can end up with bosses that are nearly impossible to kill depending on raid size. It used to be really bad on some bosses in BFA, for example Vectis. He gave 3 people a debuff that jumped from target to target and you wanted to spread this around to keep debuff stacks low. The problem was that the amount of debuffs received was the same for all raidsizes. So in the worst case scenario you had 10 people spreading these 3 debuffs around and getting really high stacks. As you can imagine having to spread those 3 debuffs among 30 people is a lot easier.

I don’t really know the breakpoints for Castle Nathria OP, so I can’t help you there. If you want to do some research on it I think you can filter for different raidsizes on warcraftlogs and see if/when additional mechanics happen, but that will be a lot of work.

Yes this type of scaling exists but that’s entirely different for each boss in the instance. This type of scaling is also not relevant in the scaleable difficulties as all of the relevant mechanics are static.

Many people try to find group sizes in which content is made trivial while in reality the group size does not matter. Player proficiency will always outdo all other factors in the easy difficulties.

1 Like

I agree with you, there is no point aiming for a “perfect raid size” (I actually missed that in the OP, my bad). I just wanted to point out there have been some very nasty issues with scaling in the past where simply dropping one player made an encounter significantly easier.

While not a huge issue imo, it’s something to be aware of if heroic raiding is your endgame, which I’m assuming is the case for OP (especially if you are struggling with clearing it). :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.