Scouting map help

Hi,

I’m a completely new player and i have skipped most of the game with lvling in dungeons. My goal is to change the tauren to highmountain tauren, this is the only reason im doing this. So to do this I have to be friendly reputation with everyone in Legion which I almost am. Last one to start is Valarjar and this one I can do rep story line by starting the quest from the Scouting map in Legion that i don’t have access to. I have tried everything, Youtube, Google, Wowhead and nothing helped. After 6 hours of doing quest that didn’t help i’m turning here for someone to help me please. Character name is Pikviro on Outland server (if you want to check my finished quests). I hope someone will managed to find a solution to this :slight_smile:
Thank you

1 Like

Welcome to Azeroth! I’m sorry you have such a barrier when just starting,

Technically, you don’t need to be Friendly with everyone to unlock Highmountain Tauren. You do, however, need it to unlock World Quests, which will give you more opportunities to get Highmountain rep.

You can also earn Highmountain rep by farming the worm boss in Neltharion’s Lair dungeon, which you can do repeatedly, up to 10 times an hour, and it should be easy enough with a 120. So that would be 2500 rep per hour, IIRC.

Also, the requirements to start Highmountain Tauren will be removed with Shadowlands, if you want to wait until then.

Also, although you didn’t ask, I would not make a Horde character on Outland. I probably wouldn’t make an Alliance on Outland either, but I’d definitely look for another - Horde - realm when you make your Highmountain. Draenor realm would be my first suggestion.

Ok, finally to your question. If you can’t pick Valarjar from the Scouting Map, I have to think that you already took the initial quest, and are somewhere along that chain, but forgot, or didn’t realise. The start of Valarjar is different from most, and used to be occasionally buggy. Does meeting genn Greymane on an airship ring any bells?

This quest checker says you have completed 10 quests there:

Reading it, I think this should be your next quest:

Finished A grim trophy, all that chain quest is done. Also all allied races will be opened with Shadowlands?

Sorry, I linked the wrong quest:

Allied races will still require some achievements. HMT will still require you to complete the quests in the zone, but will no longer require Exalted rep:

Honestly, I think it sucks that someone is still required to get a character they don’t want to level 120, or at least 110 (or level 45-50 as it will be in Shadowlands) before they can make a character that they do want, but it does at least remove some of the burden.

Oh. Further thought.

On your minimap top right there is a Magnifying Glass icon. Click that and tick the box Trivial Quests. Level 110 quests might not show on the map for you otherwise.

Wow i did the Ancient Trials quest and after that quest i finally started getting reputation. I still cant see the Scouting map but at least i can get reputation so i can open the world quests. Thank you for pushing me to do at least one more quest lol otherwise who knows when i would have done it :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.