Screen Capture Failed

Just logged in and wanted to take some screenshots while adventuring but I keep getting an error saying 'Screen Capture Failed" and have no idea why?

Anyone else with this issue? It was working fine this morning but now nothing seems to work!

Any ideas?

I have tried reloading etc and disabling addons and it still doesn’t work

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

It took me 5 or 6 presses to save a screenshot recently, nothing appeared on the screen to show it had been saved. It never said failed though.

I would guess the screenshot folder ls locked, maybe set to read only.

Thanks for the suggestion! Just tried it but sadly it still says screen capture failure when I try :frowning:

You could try moving everything from the folder and deleting it.

I can confirm i have the same issue… Can’t take any ss today… worked fine yesterday tho … i even empty my screenshot folder… nothing same error “Screen Capture Failed”

deleting/making a new screenshot folder doesn’t work sadly

Heres the US forum since that has more traction but cannot post there

still no fix as of yet.

Hello Kalennia,

I can see there are a few other reports of this, though we haven’t been able to reproduce the issue internally so far.

Would you be able to try the steps here as well, and then give it another try:

Hi Tyrskorn! I saw this recommendation on twitter not long ago and tried it but still having the same issues

I have a temporary fix by now using the xbox game overlay (I didn’t have it active before now) so at least my images are being saved but would prefer them all in one place with the Blizz interface its much easier!

I had the same issue and I have found a solution! It was my antivirus blocking the screenshots.

I’m using Avast antivirus and as soon as I disabled it I was able to take screenshots again!

Reenabling the antivirus makes me unable to take screenshots again after ~15sec delay.

I guess I have to whitelist WoW in my antivirus now.

3 Likes

I have the same Issue.
White-listening it on Avast doesn’t help and I’ve tried everything so far.
It started yesterday and it’s still not working.

Got the issue as well.

Everything was working perfect few days ago.
Tried with reinstall, removed all addons and or etc but nothing helps.

1 Like

I had the exact same issue.
Turns out it was Avast anti ransomware that added randomly my screenshot folders (both retail and classic).
Works like a charm once it’s disabled.

3 Likes

same issue i think have to do with the last update!

Yes, sounds like the last AVAST update. Contact them and complain.

SO i don’t use Avast i use AVG but tried adding wow to the allow app list or whatever but Isill have the issue :frowning:

UPDATE: I hadn’t added the WoW correctly to allowed apps on AVG but now I figured it out I can take screenshots again!

Thanks everyone! And hope you all have it sorted too!!

Hi, Since a recent updates (a few days now) I am completely unable to take ingame screenshots anymore… I press the button and am just greeted with “Screen Capture Failed”… I’ve already tried changing key binds and scan & Repair but neither strategy worked… I was hoping someone here might have ideas how to fix it.

Thanks everyone who helped figure this one out! We’ll get a support article up as well to help spread the knowledge!

Edit: There we go:

Thanks again!

That was my problem too. thank you very much,

Just updating: didn’t have to white-list anything it just started working again.
but I am glad that there is a solution!