Season of Discovery Class Tuning - 11 January

This is such a nonsense.

Nobody cares about “scaling” when you’re hard capped at 25 or 40 in a month. Hunters not scaling well past BWL, does not mean they should be automatically destroying everyone for a good chunk of a year it will take us to get there.

No they aren’t.

Scaled bad in Classic. Doesn’t mean they’regoing to scale bad in SoD: pets getting scaling from gear automatically makes them better than they previously were.

Rogues are limitted because they NEED their utility and they don’t get much of it yet, they also benefit greatly from their talents.

Why then is every premade filling their roster up with hunters instead of rogues?

when is warlocks getting nerfed :nerd_face:

Probably right after Warriors.

Would like to see some changes to their dps both for Ele & Enhance, even though the Ele PvP is insane and Tanking is Top Tier, would like to see some love to their dps, hopefully it changes in P2 with more talents & runes etc.

The tuning adjustments went live about 10 minutes ago, at 22:35 CET.

Alright! Yeah lets just nerf them to the ground, who cares right? I guess you dont understand what I mean with that I wrote but thats okey :wink:

I think I understood just right, but sure - you can clarify.

In my opinion and talk about scaling is irrelevant, when we’re hard capped at 25.

When and IF Hunters will start to suffer due scaling - then Devs can hotfix buff them just the same way as they nerfed them now.

Saying that you can’t nerf something now, because half a year later it maybe will be weak - is not a compelling argument.

2 Likes

Why do we nerf the hunters? Becuse ppl are crying about them in PVP, some crying they can solo stuff some lvls above their lvl, they talking this is a new thing, they could have nerfed hunter in PvP, but in PvE they arent even highest DPS, so now when we are hardstuck at 25 we see that when warriors gets gear they scale alot better then other classes. How is that nonsense? Like I said in the quote you did, hunters dont scale well with the gear, they doing fine at pvp atm yeah, but imagine warriors had the spells they would have at 40 they would be doing fine, how do you think p2 will be?

I still stand my ground on that hunters should not be nerfed this much due to them not beeing the best in PvE, if they was miles ahead, yeah sure, but they arent. Clear enough for you?

What I just explained above.

This is why I told you that you dont understand what I have been commenting in here, read what I have been commenting in here please, this is right now and will also be later. Dont even know why I even need to explain this to you :joy:

Ur aware like 80% of the level 25 content is pvp right?. Lol

A mini game? To what? Boosting players to get gear so they can pvp?

2 Likes

Because they are clearly overtuned in PvP.

You see, people in WoW “cry” about everything, however some of these “cries” are actually legitimate like in case of Hunter pets in PvP.

As for your question about how P2 will be? I think Hunters will be just fine with Bestial Wrath, +15% crit and a stun for pets, as well as getting the focus nerf undone with talents.

If anything - for P2 Hunters are probably one of the most dollied out classes out there exactly because BM talent tree is so good. It was pretty good for when pet did 25% of your damage, but it’s all kinds of mental when pet pushes 50%+.

If anything, you better pray Blizzard does not slap some more nerfs in P2 for pets, if not before. Because quite frankly - I don’t see how current pets will be anywhere close to reasonable in PvP with Bestial Wrath (let alone other pet talents) in P2.

2 Likes

And what did I say!? Nerf them in PvP, not PvE. Right? Did you see I said wrote that? Just nerf them in BGs/PvP and everything would have been fine!

Yeah, so lets just remove those talents, becuse they will be nerfed down so they dont have any effect anyway, becuse it will be killing players in PvP and god knows, we cant have that! Lets nerf them down in PvE then aswell! Sounds kinda stupid to me but I guess its the right way to go! :wink:

NURF! NURF!

Ppl gonna cry about it all the time, so we gonna see more hunter nerf, everyone knows that, at this point we can just remove hunters, and then the next class who will be good in pvp! Thats the best solution to kids problems.

First of all, relax and drink some water, we’re discussing this calmly. No need to start foaming.

Secondly, Blizzard tries to avoid having too many special PvP rules and modifiers for classes and abilities in PvP. They have some, but it does not mean they want more.

And finally, Hunters aren’t struggling in PvE at all, they have the fat to slice off there and redistribute damage to allow alternative plays as well.

So given the above - they decided to do the sane thing and do a relatively small nerf to pets, while boosting alternatives a bit.

And quite frankly? You should be grateful they just did a 30%->20% to the BM rune and some focus regen. I think that is really the smallest nerf they could do in this situation.

2 Likes

Thats why you coming in and saying that my points are nonesense? Yeah well, let me go a drink some water. Maybe next time you should read what ppl say instead of “this is nonesense” becuse of one bit that you think I am meaning.

But it make no sense to nerf them in PvE.

You mean the onces who already been nerfed? Yeah lets be happy we got a bit of a “buff” to the nerf guys!

Yes I am so gratefull for yet anoter hunter nerf! I will w8 for next week nerf! Probably something to be gratefull about then aswell! :upside_down_face:

But it make no sense to nerf them in PvE.

I believe what Blizzard tries to do there is a bit or a reshuffle. Currently everyone and their mothers goes BM, because alternative is just not on par.

They are trying to change that and it’s good they do for various reasons.

The nerf itself - Hunters can take, they are a top 3 DPS and a top ranged DPS at that and this nerf won’t change that.

That nerf they did to Lone Wolf and Chimera Shot initially was a mistake and they are slowly reverting it.

In my opinion, they should have buffed back Lone Wolf to 25% if not even 30%.

I don’t think you quite understand how easy Hunters got off with this one.

I fully expected BM rune to be nerfed to 10% damage/HP, it being nerfed only to 20% is a slap on the wrist kind of nerf.

This is also why I think they will inevitably do another 2 rounds of nerfs the least. So better be ready.

2 Likes

Are you actually expecting Activision to work for their money? :smiley: The team leader said on X that the lack of heal paladin gear “was an oversight”, you have to imagine a whole bunch of new gen game designers, sitting there and sipping starbucks and every single one misses an entire spec of a class. Can’t even make it up :joy:

1 Like

Everyone always going the spec that is the best, look at Era, TBC, Wrath. It will always be like that, even if they would make survival the best spec, ppl will be survival.

What is those reasons?

But its still dont make sense to nerf a class in PvE who arent destroying everyone on the meters. Imagine nerfing elemental shamans right now, prob for good reasons right?

Really? Ppl where crying how much dmg they did, they could “2 shots” mobs, this nerf and/or the “buffs” they made will not be enough I belive, its just gonna gripple them more.

Yeah hunters should be gratefull! WOOHOO LETS PARTY BOYS! Yet another nerf and thank god they dident remove BM rune!

2 nerf? Its atleast gonna be 5+ more nerf coming to hunters, belive me :stuck_out_tongue:

Thankfully Hunters are VERY VERY far above Elemental Shamans as far as PvE goes.

Everyone goes best spec, but it’s nice when there is a close second viable alternative within a class that is not a meme. Balancing is not only between classes, but within a class to give more viable options.

Why?

Which Hunter players are asking for this?

You push this not even a week after the “double dipping” nerf. You dont even know how the change affected the average hunter, not the top parsers but yet you see it fit to push a narrower and narrower defined playstyle on us. A world buffed hunter('s pet) is not the default, can not be the baseline in the first place.

As you can clearly see theres A LOT of hunters who dont like to melee weave. There is no valid reason that should be a default. And thats where you are pushing us, otherwise you would possibly have nerfed every potential alternative (non-pet) into oblivion on day one. Care to tell us more about that stroke of genius?!

Stop making it mimic classic era hunter. Stop making it scuffed retail.
Or do, but if so please AoE cap mage to a maximum of 4 targets, to make it fair.

This is why I will support Druid mains over Hunter mains, didn’t see any Hunter come out straightforward and say the pet BS that left a stain on entire phase 1 “needed to go”.