Season of Discovery Class Tuning Incoming - 17 April

Throughout the beginning of phase 3, we’ve closely monitored in-game progress, feedback from the community, and bug reports.

With scheduled weekly maintenance next week, we’ll make the following class adjustments.

Druid

• Starsurge no longer consumes Clearcasting procs from Omen of Clarity.
  • Skull Bash rune moved to the Hands slot (was the Leg slot).
  • Lacerate rune moved to the Leg slot (was Hands).
  • Lacerate threat increased substantially.

Paladin

• Light’s Grace rune moved to the Bracer slot (was Helm).
  • The mana return of Seal of Martyrdom has been increased significantly.

Rogue

• Focused attacks now generates 3 additional energy (up from 2)

Shaman

• The Internal Cooldown for Overcharged has been increased to 3 seconds

Warlock

• Life tap now grants mana return to warlock pets as well
  • Unstable Affliction’s damage has been increased by roughly 120%
  • Warlocks with Metamorphosis active and the Master Demonologist talent will now gain increased threat generation when they summon an Imp or Felguard (was decreased threat generation).

Warrior

• Victory Rush heal increased to 30% of the Warrior’s health (was 10%).
4 Likes

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

What a joke. Like that helps against a priest doing 400-600 dmg / DoT tick or against a paladin that stuns for hours and is immune to damage in bubble.

But hey! Joke is on you! I will now finally be able to grind mobs few levels below me, 1v1, almost like a real boy. Imagine tweaking the rage generation instead, or making the execute either not able to miss, or at least not lose the rage when missing in PvP.

3 Likes

Blizzard are so afraid of Warrior scaling at lvl 60 in PvE, that they keep em under the bootom line bar, especially in PvP.

1 Like

Imagine knowing how to nerf and “balance” other classes when it gets to that, all except warriors. Not sure how it looks on the alliance side against shamans, but from horde side watching a paladin bubble in BGs and killing 3 warriors before bubble is over is just funny and sad at the same time.

While playing warrior in AB there are times when I can just close my monitor, all I need to do is charge and corpse walk because rogues vanish, paladins bubble and I am dead before landing a hit thanks to the not so OP casters and ranged hunter I can never reach thanks to those everlasting paladin stuns.

I tried sitting back and peeling in few games and I get lots of love from the casters saying I’m melee, I should be in the front line. Lots of love. The hurting kind of love, the “we lose because of you not going on the front line you ape” kind of love.

4 Likes

After all the posts about paladin, this is the only “fix”? At this point, you are just trolling.

6 Likes

Kekw, i cant :rofl:

Sick! I am loving it!
Thanks a lot

Let’s be shadow near the bottom of dps in PvE again nice! I don’t understand why not just simple reduce all dmg in PvP by a flat 50% or something similiar. This would help a lot to balance the bottom PvE Specs.

1 Like

As a warlock: thank you for the lifetap change. Pet goes oom really fast and we are missing the TBC talent to give back mana.

UA change make it more playable (the damage was half of CoA, just fyi). But still affli is missing too many synergies to make it playable. Pandemic / Haunt have to work on every dots.

Druid: sad they did not move survival instinct elsewhere. Now that cats can dps again, i dont think guilds would cut pure cats from rosters if bears can get both.

2 Likes

Can you please make Dark Pact scale with spellpower? Currently in raiding environment it is completely useless, 200 mana for 1,5gcd. For a 31 point capstone talents it is pretty bad.

The Warlock is impossible to kill even when there are two mobs on him, and these creatures that work on “balance” see the best solution as increasing the damage from Unstable Affliction’s by roughly 120%.

2 Likes

Yes that is a pvp problem. Nobody cares about pvp balance anymore. Everything in sod is a big oneshot fest.
This +120% is solving a much more massive Raid dps problem!

3 Likes

After all these good ideas from players to improve the paladin, the only thing they do is change the slot of a rune that nobody uses? At this point, they’re trolling. Or I don’t know what feedback they’re taking into account.

5 Likes

This is clearly needed to solve most of the pvp balancing problems.

1 Like

Leave it at 10% but add a skillbook for it, and one for 5 min shouts while your at it

1 Like

God dammit. This neuters Feral in PvP even more.

Now we have to choose between our primary PvP damage ability (Mangle) or our only low cooldown interrupt.

I wish they’d think these changes through.

2 Likes

You do realise this now means you have to decide between Mangle and Skull Bash?

1 Like

Where is crit immune in PVE for paladin on taunt rune? Why 4 other tanks get it for free, while we can be oneshotted by crit + parryhaste from boss without zero chances to avoid that?

1 Like

The Retribution Paladins are thankful for the quality of life changes we got in the upcoming patch.

3 Likes