Season of Discovery Hotfixes - Updated 12 January

The world is now more empty with the layer system changes. So Blizzard fixed it by speeding Ashenvale progress. But that doesnt fix the issue that the world is now more empty. It’s hard and boring to go get some pvp ganks in Ashenvale when there is almost no one to be found. That makes Ashenvale even less fun than before. Ashenvale was the only fun thing to do at 25, idk if it is still now.

Awesome !!

41 yard nameplates when? Since this is not classic technically? (Even tho you could set them to 100 yards in real vanilla)

Disable premade in battlegrounds. Thanks.

2 Likes

December 18, 2023

Season of Discovery

• The Battle for Ashenvale will now progress about 50% faster than previously.
  • The reputation gain for participating in killing an enemy Keeper of the Grove or Blade Master has been increased to 400 (was 200).
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Shadowy Figure in Alterac Mountains to not be seen by players who should otherwise be able to see them.
1 Like

December 19, 2023

Season of Discovery

• Mage
    • Living Flame now benefits from and consumes Arcane Blast.
  • Paladin
    • Avenger’s Shield’s movement slow is now properly considered a Snare and can be removed by effects that remove movement impairing effects.
    • Mana granted by Seal of Martydom to party and raid members has been increased. Seal of Martyrdom now grants all party and raid members 20% of damage the Paladin takes from the seal (was 10%).
  • Rogue
    • Blade Dance has been updated to grant 10% parry at all ranks, rather than increasing parry chance per combo point. The only effect of more combo points is now increased duration.
  • Shaman
    • Mana granted by Shamanistic Rage to party and raid members has been increased. Shamanistic Rage now grants party and raid members 20% of the mana gained by the Shaman (was 10%).

Love the season so far, keep up the great work!

1 Like

not bad for the rogue but this will not make it tank playable in dungeon without any AOE & tool to regain energie faster plz blizzard do somthing im starving doing dungeon as tank rogue but its actualy impossible

where are the hunter rune/pet nerfs ?
apparently it’s ok that a hunter pet does 1 k dmg in pvp in 6 seconds from range.

Interesting. Personally not enjoying Ashenvale but for the rest love the pace.

Give exalted progress thx!
Or do you want to hold that back for P2 so Ashenvale doesn’t suddenly die out?
Anyway, I got nothing else to do in SoD except twinking or raiding which I already did.

Would love to be able to get exa with ashenvale

The point is, that people are running out of content without the carrot on a stick that ashenvale was… and many people are revered already and got nothing to do except from raiding every 3 days. I got max PvP rank and all, have all runes, maxed out professions. I feel throttled.
All I can do is spam WSG.

To top that off, they even increased Rep gained from killing the bosses in Ashenvale, so people run out of content even faster now… and the next phase is not exactly arround the corner…

Blade flurry atleast next phase

Great you keep working on it!

nice with the mage update

December 21, 2023

Season of Discovery

• Druid
    • Lacerate base cost reduced 10 Rage (was 15).
    • Mangle (Bear) base cost reduced to 15 Rage (was 20).
  • Priest
    • Shadow Word: Death base damage increased by 103% and the bonus damage it receives from spell power has been increased by 50%.
  • Shaman
    • Shamanistic Rage now always grants 6% of the caster’s spell damage as mana, as intended.
1 Like

Like theese priest and druid changes as i play both currently! However, a suggestion for druid tanking, as of right now i’m a little concerned about the future for rage generation as primal fury gives rage if you get crit, and the tanking rune survival of the fittest makes you more crit resistant. Hopefully a small tweak here in the future to make druid tanks more fun and have more aoe potential :slight_smile:

If they are that op why can i 1v1 all hunters with ease on my priest tho?

Kind of irrelevant right now but this LUA Error pops up when opening the keyring in SoD

Message: Interface/FrameXML/ContainerFrame_Shared.lua:1096: bad argument #1 to ‘IsInventorySlotEngravable’ (outside of expected range 0 to 4294967295 - Usage: local result = C_Engraving.IsInventorySlotEngravable(containerIndex, slotIndex))
Time: Sun Dec 24 03:08:32 2023
Count: 1
Stack: Interface/FrameXML/ContainerFrame_Shared.lua:1096: bad argument #1 to ‘IsInventorySlotEngravable’ (outside of expected range 0 to 4294967295 - Usage: local result = C_Engraving.IsInventorySlotEngravable(containerIndex, slotIndex))
[string “=[C]”]: in function IsInventorySlotEngravable' [string "@Interface/FrameXML/ContainerFrame_Shared.lua"]:1096: in function ContainerFrame_RefreshRuneIcons’
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/ContainerFrame_Shared.lua”]:313: in function ContainerFrame_OnShow' [string "*ContainerFrame.xml:492_OnShow"]:1: in function <[string "*ContainerFrame.xml:492_OnShow"]:1> [string "=[C]"]: in function Show’
[string “@Interface/FrameXML/ContainerFrame_Shared.lua”]:999: in function ContainerFrame_GenerateFrame' [string "@Interface/FrameXML/ContainerFrame_Shared.lua"]:136: in function ToggleBag’
[string “*MainMenuBarBagButtons.xml:225_OnClick”]:4: in function <[string “*MainMenuBarBagButtons.xml:225_OnClick”]:1>

Locals: (*temporary) = -2
(*temporary) = 4
(*temporary) = “outside of expected range 0 to 4294967295 - Usage: local result = C_Engraving.IsInventorySlotEngravable(containerIndex, slotIndex)”