Second action bar causing bugs, need to /reload

Ever since Dragonflight launched Ive been having issues. I’ll get an error msg saying x addon is causing problems and that I have to disable it or ignore, while also locking my main action bar (+ secondary). Choosing to ignore will keep my action bars locked, and disabling the addon will trigger a reload (which on its own solves the problem temporarily, regardless of disabling the addon).

This seems to be triggered mostly by using spells on my 2nd action bar. I swap between bar 1 and 2 with keybinds, so that bar 2 replaces bar 1 when I scroll down, and vice versa when I scroll up. Using items in inventory or the dungeon teleports from the spellbook also trigger this very frequently.

Ive heard some people say bartender helped to fix this, but after having tried bartender briefly it felt like it wasnt gonna solve my issues as it didnt allow me to swap between bar 1 and 2 the same way. Either way I also didnt like the looks and feel of the addon, so here I am looking for alternative means of fixing this silly issue.

TLDR:
I swap between bar 1 and 2. Using spells on bar 2 very often triggers the bug where I have to /reload to keep playing.

I also have some addons that help with this bug, but sadly doesnt fix it: !!NoTaint2 - been a massive help, and the game would be almost unplayable for me if not for this addon. However it still happens way too often and I need a proper fix.

1 Like

Try Bartender, see if it helps.

Your other addons are causing these bugs. Track down or eliminate the problematic addons or live with it.

The addons causing it are weakauras, omnibar, omnicd and bigdebuffs mostly. Ive had these addons for years prior to dragonflight and there were never any issues. I also know many people use these addons now without getting the same issue, so this is frankly down to the fact I swap between bar 1 and 2 - which extremely few people do.

Thanks for your input anyways.

1 Like

I’d try playing without omnibar and bigdebuffs for a bit. They’re both by the same author and bigdebuffs was/is known to cause issues.

Thanks, I’ll try when I do pve. In pvp thats not really an option sadly. Do you know of a good substitute for bigdebuffs?

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/buff-overlay perhaps.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.