Seed of corruption bug - one too many targets counted in AoE

Hi

Seed of corruption has been bugged since launch, and this has been an issue that has reduced warlock dps in AoE by as high as 15% in the current raid tier.

The problem is that the mob that has been initially seeded does not take damage (which is normal), but DOES count as one for the purposes of computing damage once AoE capped.
this means that instead of 13580 non crit damage, SoC has a lower cap, which varies with the number of mobs.

For instance, imagine your seed normally does 2k damage, and you’re facing 11 mobs.
Normally, you seed one, you would hit 10 mobs, so each seed would be 13580/10 = 1358 damage.
With that bug the seeded mob will be counted, but will NOT receive any damage, so each mob will be hit for 1234 damage, for a total of 12340 damage, a loss of 1.2k essentially.
This doesn’t happen when the mob you seeded off of dies, which proves that the issue comes from that.

Detailed documentation and logs can be found in the warlock discord if needed. We have logs done in RFC with 13 mobs where the seeded mob dies, and everyone gets hit for 1044 damage (13572 in total), and then in strat, same amount of hits bt 14 mobs pulled, hits are 970 damage (so 12610 total). We also have videos from back in 2.3 depicting 13580 being the AoE cap, as well as multiple other logs showing the issue in classic TBC.

This bug NEEDS to be corrected, as it will keep having a very big impact going forward, especially in Mount Hyjal where we are always AoE capped on trash.

Regards,
Ryu

98 Likes

How do you get blizzard to notice and then actually do something about this?

This has been an ongoing issue since launch. They’ve had 6 months to do a simple code fix.

This is sadly the reason why I quit pvp in Tbc, they let the rogue bugs go unfixed for far too long.

8 Likes

The hope there (which explains the timing) is to coordinate with the warlock discord for a mass bug report campaign on PTR, and we also have content creators working on making a video showcasing it specifically

7 Likes

buff warlocks

3 Likes

Why hasnt blizzard done anything about this bug? Its been ingame since tbc release. Warlocks are losing 15% of their seed dps because of it.

Fix your game blizzard

7 Likes

I totally agree this needs to be fixed. I remember a while ago we were comparing the Seed damage on TBC Classic to an old video clip from original TBC – this is 100% a bug new with TBC Classic. I really hope they fix this.

4 Likes

Stop being doggos blizzard, ty.

5 Likes

Lets hope Blizzard notices this post and fixes something that must have been fixed long ago.

3 Likes

Bump for visibility

3 Likes

Let me seed, Blizz. LET ME SEED!

2 Likes

Ye, i have a problem with spells.

1 Like

Please fix this bug. It’s been long enough! Minor bugs like ribbon buff persisting and pet proccing buff you fixed after less than a week, why not something big like this?

2 Likes

Blizzard please…

1 Like

Also revert GCD cap to 0.75 while you’re at it, thanks

1 Like

Still bugged on PTR to do this date…

3 Likes

This is something clearly bugged as the great amount of documentation shows. Please don’t let the effort of these very caring and insightful people be in vain and just fix something that’s been overdue for more than half a year.

1 Like

who cares nerd locks are still better than mages

Bumb for someone to notice

1 Like

Bump. Make sure to report this on the PTR as a bug, so they notice.

1 Like

Happy to have bugs fixed. Even for op classes like Locks. But I fear that Blizzard never reads EU forums. And your complaint will end up ignored.

Try getting your post on the US Forums somehow if you want to “maybe” see something done.

1 Like