Seeking Clarification on the Chronological Order of Warcraft Books and Novels

Hello Everyone,

I’m reaching out to this knowledgeable community :wink: with a query that has been on my mind for some time. Like many of you, I’m deeply enamored with the vast and intricate lore of the Warcraft universe. This fascination extends beyond the games, as I find myself drawn to the rich narratives found in the books and novels that accompany this world.

My issue, however, lies in determining the chronological order of these literary works. I’m interested in both the order of their publication and the timeline of events within the Warcraft universe. Despite extensive searches (for over a year) through various third-party sites and forum discussions, I’ve yet to find a clear and comprehensive guide. Often, the information I come across is either conflicting or incomplete.

Has anyone else faced this challenge? Does a comprehensive list exist that I might have overlooked? Any guidance, information, or resources you could share would be greatly appreciated. Your insights are invaluable to fans like myself who wish to delve deeper into the Warcraft universe!

[Update: I tried to contact Blizz, but they not seem to offer an option for these type of questions. Perhaps there is but overlooked?]

Thank you all!

Best,
Jay / Kaelaric

There are a few lists out there, like this one:

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/20998-reading-order-of-warcraft-books-and-novels/

Just search for “Warcraft books in order”, and you are sure to find more than a few.

I would actually recommend to read the world of warcraft: chronicles series at first, while keeping in mind that it’s from titan p.o.v. I think this is a very good way to get up to speed at least and understand the in-game story a bit better

Hi All, Thanks for the replies.

I’m aware there are already some lists out there, but they seem contradictive of having different orders for some reasons. Also, they seem pretty outdated.

Anyone has a qualitative link? Or perhaps a tip how to contact Blizz for checking in on this?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.