Seems BfA raids are now somewhat soloable on Mythic

Stolen a bit from the US forums, but I can verify that with the new patch you can do Battle for Dazar’alor and Eternal Palace on Mythic, need to try the other raids. Apparently G’huun isn’t doable on mythic (needs 2 people?) and N’zoth mythic isn’t really feasible either, but they are fine to do on lower difficulties. I did Uldir normal as well and G’huun/Mythrax were soloable.

No idea why they didn’t mention this anywhere but yay!

Just as a mini heads up, for Dazar’alor I died at the same time as Rastakhan on mythic, so it looks like it might be a dps check, (or there’s a mechanic I don’t know) but you can skip to Jaina on all your characters once you have cleared the raid once so you only need to do this fight the one time unless you want a specific transmog from him.

3 Likes

I mean I’m pretty sure they kinda were already. It always comes down to this one or two bosses per raid that can’t be soloed based on mechanics alone.

Queen’s court isn’t even soloable on LFR unless you have a pet as you need to seperate to kill them before they mind control you, unless there are undocumented changes to that encounter.

Bosses have about 10m-18m hp on mythic (not seen Ny’alotha bosses yet) so yeah some of them might have been doable before, mechanics notwithstanding. It’s weird how they changed most of the mechanics to be solo friendly but then left in a few like N’zoth mythic.

I never got a mind control on Queen’s Court so maybe that’s just an LFR thing as you mentioned?

really? last time i tried i was annihilated

Yep, he no longer Mind Controls you! For G’huun the orbs no longer slow/root you and there’s no debuff from depositing an orb either. Though apparently on Mythic the orb only has a limited duration or something like that so you still kinda need 2 people, I can’t verify yet as I haven’t tried Uldir on Mythic. Maybe with Hand of Freedom + divine steed you can get there in time, I’ll check later on!

1 Like

Have you ever seen the scene in Father Ted where the two bored priests are sitting deciding what relics should be upgraded?

One priest is sitting in a chair at the PC just stabbing at buttons and says “What about the Holy Stone of Clonrichert?” and the other priest is sitting in a chair with a newspaper, he casually looks up and just says “whatever”

That is exactly how Blizzard deal with mechanics in legacy raids now.

A few years ago they cared. Now they continue with this creepy fascination that everyone plays together and you should be forming 20 man groups to do a 4 year old mythic raid.

Now lets sit back and wait for the usual suspects to chime in with “but it’s an MMO!!!”

I was just coming to the forums to confirm this, they have done a round of stealth nerfs.

I spot checked G’huun before work this morning on heroic and it is indeed soloable.

The Imperfect Physiology timer debuff from handling the orbs is gone, so you can just zip straight from one side of the room to the other and dunk your orbs now without having to wait to run down the timer. Also no more coming to a dead stop on the platforms while carrying orbs, however the slow down is still there but that’s not a problem.

I was able to solo the Queen’s Court on the PTR aswell a few days ago.

Happy transmog hunting everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

How’s the Jaina Mythic fight looks like? Does it still requires at least 6 people to avoid freezing?

You don’t get ice blocked, it’s totally soloable, just a little annoying as you’ll spend most of the fight snared. :smile:

1 Like

Fantastic! Since I am still doing it for the mount, very happy to be able to solo it and not need to wait people to join.

P.S. also doing all difficulties for the rank 3 inscription technique Vantus Rune, which just refusing to drop for weeks now. But hope this agony will finish this week :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok so yeah it seems you still need 2 people for G’huun mythic, as you have to deposit both orbs at the same time. :frowning: Up until that it’s soloable on mythic though, still no mind control on Mythrax.

Nathria should be soloable on mythic too, just gotta skip bosses like hungering destroyer. (As a tank, that is) Haven’t tried the other shadowlands raids but I could solo LFR sepulcher bosses too.

1 Like

There’s no legacy loot for Shadowlands yet is there? I’ll probably wait until it’s implemented if so. :sweat_smile:

Mythic raids drop loot for 20 people(so 4 pieces) regardless of how many are there.

1 Like

Ahh ok, cool! Might have to give that a go too then. :smile:

1 Like

i can confirm G’huun mythic still can’t be soloed since the 2 ppl deposit is still there. Seems like an oversight tho since they removed the other mechanics that would trouble you.

So the two bosses that were impossible before still haven’t been fixed? It’s G’huun and N’Zoth that need serious fixing and they still haven’t?

what is the point of all of this then?

https://www.wowhead.com/news/mythic-nzoth-and-mythic-ghuun-now-soloable-in-patch-10-2-7-340167 Giga win moves

1 Like