Sentinel Hero Talents for Hunter look awesome but

Please may there be an alternative for Wildfire Bomb for Survival… it leaves the entire concept of the spec and hero talents feeling all over the place.

The Sentinel tree I linked below gives you cool lunar and arcane themed gameplay to tie in with the melee hunter fantasy, mostly leaning in to the Night Elf Sentinel aesthetic, and making your character a kind of mix of Survival Hunter and Boomkin. Personally I love the aesthetic of Sentinel, I love the concept of a melee hunter with nature, lunar, and arcane abilities. I think it’s pretty fitting for Night Elves, or Nightborne, but then we have this random Goblin-esque ability thrown in the mix that in my opinion, has never fit, and will certainly not fit the fantasy of a Sentinel.

The concept of survival hunter has always felt nature-aligned, a tight bond with your pet, and melee combat. They’re more like the Beastmaster from WC3 than even Beast Mastery is, really, but Wildfire Bomb has always felt so out of place with the rest of the aesthetic.

So this is just some feedback from me saying I’d really love an optional alternative (I’m sure there are people who do like the ability for whatever reason) to Wildfire Bomb. Whether that’s a different talent node, or a glyph, I’d pick it even if it was suboptimal. Or there could be put a more thematically in-line replacement in the Hero Talent trees themselves so that the class fantasy of this spec doesn’t feel like some bizarre hybrid of a nature-warrior and a Goblin technician throwing grenades.

Here’s the talent tree I’m talking about, it’s great, I love it. Don’t love it with Wildfire Bomb in the picture:

1 Like

What I want to know is why are both survival hero talent trees built around having coordinated assault. I mean whenever I play my survival I honestly prefer spearhead way more.

I dont know if Sentinal is fitting for SV
But you have too play it Pack leader buffs killcommmand witch does nothing for SV

For MM its seems good

BUT is the most passive tree ever, you dont care about it it chanche nothing for your playstyle you press exect the same buttons just sometimes Sentinal will make some funny blinking stuff and your damage is passive a bit higher

1 Like