Sentinel owl - the talent that may save hunters

Next alpha build:

• There is a new, potentially placeholder, not implemented, not final, not a promise talent added in the core tree. Sentinel Owl.
    • Sentinel Owl grants you unhindered vision of a targeted area, allowing your attacks to ignore line of sight to the area.
  • There is a new, potentially placeholder, not implemented, not final, not a promise choice node attached to the Sentinel Owl node.
    • Choice A: The unhindered vision of your owl now also applies to your party members, allowing them to also ignore line of sight to the target area.
    • Choice B: While the Sentinel Owl is active, your party gains some Leech and Avoidance.

Best hunter utility since Aspect of the fox! Resonating arrow LoS for the party. IMO this is a game changer in both pvp and pve!

Truly unique hunter utility

Seems fun to use. Certainly unique utility for hunters in that case. Not worried abbout pve but granting “unhindered vision of your owl now also applies to your party members” has the potential to be really annoying in pvp. Imagine a destro lock or something you can’t los.

I bloody hate owls.
HATE THEM!
Lil bald ayylmao lookin gremlins.

Better be a glyph to turn it into a parrot or something.
god dam owls.

Sounds incredibly niche for pve to me, I hope that’s not all to it.

It depends, in raids it could be used on Shriekwing and the Jailer. (I don’t think we’ve seen anything regarding raids in DF so I’m referring to this EXP/patch) In M+, it could be nice in the train, or quite honestly wherever you want to make sure that ranged doesn’t get hit by AOE/multi-target abilities, and in PVP literally all the time.

Yeah that’s 2 bosses which sounds pretty niche to me :stuck_out_tongue: There’s probably more uses in m+ like you said though.

Niche utility is a good thing for the game, so long as we are not required to dump multiple talent points into the niche utility just to get stuff that’s more universally used.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.