Separate Monks for BW & WW or dual spec

Was wondering pro’s / cons running BW and WW specs from the same toon?
So conv for both is KY, saving the grind. Gear wise, would a single toon work ie common gear for both specs? Assuming trinkets,legos and enchants may need adjusting etc . Also not looking to push high-level keys if that helps.

Any advice?

Not monk but I am thinking of making a prot war to have as my dedicated tank.
For me it seems more practical considering covenants, vault, conduits.
Especially when as a tank you can gear up way easier than as a dps. I think i am going to level up one, I would suggest the same.

depends on how much of a min-maxer you are, you can totally tank with dps trinkets/enchants, the only things you really need to worry about are legendaries and soulbinds, use pelagos for the spec you play the most and mikanikos on you’re 2nd most played spec

Not sure if you meant MW or BM :slight_smile:

Vers/mastery works for MW in M+, BM, and WW, so you get huge gear overlap. Vers/crit is better for MW for raiding. But we are in a loot drought; you won’t get to be that picky for a long time anyway.

One covenant grind. One gear grind. Trading gear for one spec while performing another. One PvP rating.

Cons: Inability to loot trinkets and weapons for multiple specs from the vault every week. Getting 2 legendaries takes twice as long so… maybe 3-4 weeks before you have one for each spec? Most people I know have 3-4 max level legendaries by now and have stopped running Torghast. It is a very finite grind.

Personally I think the overlap is 90-95% of what you need for a character. The only time saved by 2 characters is in amount real time passed until hitting a specific goal for each spec. In terms of play time, you need to spend twice the hours for twice the characters. I for one think that’s just a tad overkill.

Thanks all, I’ll follow the advice for a single toon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.