September trading post preview

Since they haven’t seemed fit to make a blue post about it here on the European forum, here’s the one the muricans got:

So now’s the last day to get anything you want from august.

7 Likes

That yellow Plunderstorm recolor could go well with the tropical set from June. :dracthyr_a1:

Otherwise it’s another “saving tenders” months for me.

2 Likes

I’m quite happy with my red coat still, but I might get this yellow one too if it comes with an eye patch like the original one did. There’s not many Cosmetic eye patches in the game, red one is the only one I have.

Apart from mounts of I feel like the trading post had been a joke for months… a lot of the mogs are dumb, like the beach attire stuff, or the have really low res… if you’re a player who likes the jokey/silly kind of mogs then i guess its good but i would like some decent sets in there. Obviously not raid sets but something a bit serious

The thing is; from the start the devs have stated that the trading post is perfect for them to give us stuff that we normally wouldn’t get in the game. If they’d start putting ‘serious’ sets in every month, it would defeat the purpose of the game handing out ‘serious’ sets.

That’s not to say there’s never any ‘serious’ sets, but overal the stuff on the trading post is meant to break the mould. Provide us with something different. And considering that’s the mission statement, it’s succeeding. Whether you like certain things or not, will of course differ from person to person.

I have to say though; even some of the silly stuff can be used in ‘serious’ transmog ensembles. I never really view the transmog sets we get as ‘pret à porter’. They just contain various pieces that can be used in imaginative ways to create your own look.

In that regard the trading post has given us some wonderful choices.

A less creative person might not feel that way and just want an entire ensemble ready to wear as soon as they buy it. In that case I would say: Just give it a go; try creating something yourself. Maybe you’ll like it.

5 Likes

The plunderlord clothes look amazing definitely getting it. The rest meh.

no black swim suit >:(.

1 Like

Thank you for link

1 Like

The september month is basically recolor only, nothing out of the ordinary to say.

The good point is TWW gave us some interesting sets to collect right now to mix it up a bit. But Plate wearer are a bit left out since a while now. It’s not a huge 2 handed sword pixelised like in Vanilla that will make people feel interested.

I hope to see more plate (knight look alike) ensembles, even some steampunk/ titan style equipment.

For the vast majority of the things, that’s true.
But that doesn’t mean they can’t have some use or value.

As a hunter I have to protest. Sorry.
Because at least you get some good looking stuff in the rest of the game.

The game is absolutely loaded with such things. So that seems very boring to me.
And not fitting with the devs’ plan for the Trading Post.

I’d like some steampunk stuff. :sunglasses:
Not a fan of the titan style personally, so I can do without that. :sweat_smile:

You mean this post?

Though granted it doesn’t seem to have any previews. It’s so hard to see any news with every man and his dog having to start their own topic about existing issues.

At first glance it would seem to be the monthly preview thread, but was actually more of a “trading post tutorial”. Maybe that’s why they forgot about the preview thread? It was on the to-do list but got mixed up with that one :thinking: No biggie at the end of the day. With how much people use Wowhead it’s likely the really curious types spotted it there anyhow.

1 Like

I hope the love witch items make a return as I missed them

The darker version that was shop exclusive said it would eventually be on trading post iirc. I’m guessing it might pop up in october, being the halloween month, since it’s “witchy”.

1 Like

It wasn’t until I clicked the link I was like hold up.

1 Like

I found it disheartening to find the achievement mount a worse recolour of something I can already get in the shop. Not to speak about over-sized weapons AGAIN. I had hopes when I first saw the images but going to the actual traders today just made me think Ill save my tenders until the end of the month, see whats upcoming, and then maybe grab something from this month if the following one is also unpromising.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.