🤣 Servers cannot handle a decade old BG

Wintergrasp battleground unironically breaks down completely to the point of being absolutely unplayable + minute long lag in a 40 vs 40

Edit: proof gyazo DOT com/d4662c19b7406aa6aeea1f91b27e60d2

31 Likes

Classic Blizzard quality right there. I wonder if the same people who designed unholy DK designed blizz servers? Good job!

15 Likes

Record breaking profits! all time low server investments. Why even Sub?

13 Likes

bilzard at it again?!

9 Likes

It is likely less to do with servers and more to do with them needing to optimize their code. There is a lot more going on in the game engine both server and client side each tick since 10 years ago, which has made it harder for servers to process each event as fast as they used to.

This fact was actually explained by Ion in a dev interview. Basically if you get lag at a specific spot, report it in a Bug report and the devs will be able to pinpoint exactly what was going on at that point in time in logs to fix their code.

9 Likes

you’d think they tested their code first

11 Likes

So we’re paying for garbage?

12 Likes

No most likely you’re wrong here and as a seasoned role player I can explain why: Setting up a 40 vs 40 in the open world also breaks the servers, it wasn’t like this in earlier expansions

But also how much more time do they need to optimize a decade year old battleground’s “code” ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Edit: The entire battleground lags from the start, even without any fight going on, it lags

9 Likes

Dodging the point seems to be your own strong point.

10 Likes

I think I made my point pretty clear.

20sec delay in 2019… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I would like to respond but I can’t see your posts ; - )

4 Likes

:crab: 13 euro a month :crab:

All of my posts in this thread were apparently flagged and the system hid it for a moderator to review. Oh well :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Danellos is correct.

It’s harder to go back and change old code than write new.

Vanilla servers being an excellent example.
No point arguing when you clearly lack the understanding :hugs:

alright why plan to bring back EPIC 40v40 games when the EPICness is gone since we’re basically sitting on tape-weight mini servers

paying the same price in the last 13 years but now i pay same price for cheaper server

7 Likes

Sad sad people flagging the MVP for giveing correct info i hope you dont get a ban Dan for this due to these brainless people who mass report good info .
If you got to whine about a BG do it in the correct forums not on GD so iam going to mass report the OP now !!

3 Likes

does that mean they can just release it like this? you’d hope they got 80 ppl to atleast test it once

1 Like

Amazing all the ones QQing are from same guild .I hope you all get banned for abuseing the report system grow up .

5 Likes

like honestly i get that Wpvp is busted if u get 40 ppl duking(maybe 50) but isnt instanced stuff more tailored to this?(more stability, WAY farther draw distance). dunno man but if Wintergrasp is getting back hopefully it’ll make the devs get the idea that just placing the same platform for every instance wont cut it for stability

4 Likes